Whats happened to EPOCH ??

sparrow8332

17 hours ago, cring0 said:

Wow you guys are still pushing for hoverboards? looooool  Well if you guys could actually pull that off in Arma, my hats off to you.

I myself haven't really been playing survival games at all.  I've been playing a ton of Battle Royale lately.  But I still jump back into Epoch every once in a while just to check out what's changed and how people are playing it.  While I had grown to hate zombies after playing a couple years of DayZ mod, I think supporting zombies is a wise decision.  Hopefully all goes well with that.  I think there will always be people playing Epoch, but traffic and hype has always fluctuated.  A lot has been going on within the last year or so, a lot of hype for other mods and games.  Epoch will always have a place in my heart and the work has obviously had an impact on the way others have been designing mods.  Keep up the good work.

Of course we are. it is the number one thing that will change Epoch forever. 

what happened to ilanavis?

i hope nothing ever happens to Epoch, it's the only "Surival" mod that i like. only reason i don't play is it because there's almost no AU servers and the ones that are there are modded to the Sh*t house with large amounts of money and the whole thing just made cushy. needs to be more vanilla Epoch servers. once Apex is out i'm considering renting a Tanoa Epoch server for the only reason there's no, un F*cked with Epoch servers with a decent ping to me.

5 hours ago, pup said:

i hope nothing ever happens to Epoch, it's the only "Surival" mod that i like. only reason i don't play is it because there's almost no AU servers and the ones that are there are modded to the Sh*t house with large amounts of money and the whole thing just made cushy. needs to be more vanilla Epoch servers. once Apex is out i'm considering renting a Tanoa Epoch server for the only reason there's no, un F*cked with Epoch servers with a decent ping to me.

what's your ping with Japan servers? I know one server that does not even kick when you have 400 ping (I have it right now lol since no longer on broadband internet).

i would expect around 150-200 ping, problem with playing on those kind of servers is the majority of that nations players wont be able to communicate with me and it'll just end in a battle royal which is what i can't stand in games. i plan on hosting a 30 or so slot Epoch Tanoa server once it comes out.

Well some japs talk in english, but usually swear words, mostly koreans know english, japanese rarely for some reason. Yeah if you are interested in communication then sure. But since I am lone wolf and never talk and actually broke my headset long long time ago, I'm good with  bullet talking if you know what I mean ;)

well there are no non-modded servers left anymore. Those that appear are gone in 2 weeks or 1 month at most. But for Tanoa, I think there can be an influx of new servers. How good they will be, that's another question since most people think more mods - more interesting gameplay. It is people who make Epoch interesting not 3rd party mods. Fighting between groups, baddies vs loners vs casuals vs newbies.

well i'm going to be putting up an Aus server when tanoa is released, it will have no mods except for modules released or endorsed by the Epoch Dev team (like Ryan's Zombies and Demons) and no settings or configs will be tweeked to make it easier, i may mess with things to make it abit harder, change the rarity of high powered weapons for example. only going to be a small server as well, maybe 30 slots but for how i want to play 30 will be heaps for Tanoa.

on a side note i've spotted a 0.3.9.0 server up with zombies and demons, is there any eta on the next Epoch build? or offical support for Tanoa?.

Tanoa is running, Awol has configured the core support and Axle is helping him setup the loot spawns on the new buildings, tedious work :)

We also have a trader city made, mission system is getting some pre release tweaks and Ryan's support is being tested with some discussions going on about how best to support some decent spawn numbers for zeds.

Dev servers are currently running the test versions.

21 hours ago, axeman said:

Tanoa is running, Awol has configured the core support and Axle is helping him setup the loot spawns on the new buildings, tedious work :)

We also have a trader city made, mission system is getting some pre release tweaks and Ryan's support is being tested with some discussions going on about how best to support some decent spawn numbers for zeds.

Dev servers are currently running the test versions.

sounds like progress! can't begin to tell how excited i am, already looking into possible servers and renting costs. saw the 0.3.9.0 rolling change log, updates look good and excited for the 1-2 weeks expected release date, very close to the full Apex release date. 

i think the spawn numbers for zeds is going to be hard to balance since currently as you spawn with no weapon so defending yourself without putting weapons in peoples hands is going to be tricky (at least i think)

8 hours ago, pup said:

spawn with no weapon so defending yourself without putting weapons in peoples hands is going to be tricky (at least i think)

Brings back memories of good old dayz when we used to run in and out of woods just to lose single zombie :)
I knew a trick that would let them trip and fall to death over small terrain bumps.

On 20/06/2016 at 11:36 PM, raymix said:

Brings back memories of good old dayz when we used to run in and out of woods just to lose single zombie :)
I knew a trick that would let them trip and fall to death over small terrain bumps.

maybe allow a Punch type weapon and you spawn with it, the punch having a low chance to kill but knocks the zombie down and dazes it for some time. now sure how you'd have it work with other players though, but it stops weapons having to be spawned in. and lucky you for knowing the trick lol, i used to make them run down hill, they would derp and walk horizontal into nothing then fall and die.