Server Vehicles and other objects not saved on restart?

dztancem8

Question

Seen a couple of threads now linking to this problem of the server rolling back and not saving the object / vehicle COORDS on restart.

- I use PRMS (Added by GamingDeluxe) which restarts the server like BEC
Problem with this is that I have my server to restart every 4 Hours and it only restarts every 2 hours? This could be the cause?

Threads such as: are similar to to my problem

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/68181-1725-tents-and-vehicle-inventories-not-saving/

So if I spawn in a vehicle using Infistar for a player

Then the player drives this vehicle around the map anywhere

After 2 hours the server will restart prematurely (when its set to 4 hour restarts on PRMS) 

And will then move this spawn vehicle back to the position to where I spawned it

This is the same with players creating bases, or adding items to safes or vehicles. The server simply rolls back to the start of the server restart. I think this could be a problem with a Server_update file as it is not saving the positions but I read on the other thread this is not the case...

Any ideas?

- Dztance

7 answers to this question

Anyone having this problem Ive managed to fix it!

- Check plot management (found a "[" bracket typo which did not correspond to a close bracket in the server_updateobject.sqf

- Please check your Server_updateobject.sqf and Server_publishobject.sqf 

- For the vehicles rolling back on restarts, either reinitialise your database or wipe it

Tried both of these and mine is fixed :D

On 4/16/2020 at 10:57 AM, dragonflyz78 said:

was there a fix because im trying to run an exile server and have a problem where the spawned vehicles dont save and despawn on reset

I used to spawn non persistent vehicles that I did not want to save after reboot, and persistent ones that I wanted to stay. Now nothing saves.