PlotManagement after death.

Shoe

Question

Hi there,

We recently tried to install PlotManagement on our server, we had some issues so we decided to try installing on fresh PBOs for the mission and server files.

We got PlotManagement working fine, I can add people to the plot through the menu and the player names stay there after death. I have an issue though, even though the names stay in the plot-pole, after someone dies they can no longer build on the plot at all.

I checked the RPT several times and couldn't find a single error related to PlotManagement.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

8 answers to this question

Odd as mine works with "inventory" there tho it came from El Dubya's work not directly mine, so I am not sure what else offhand that needs to be changed. There may be other instances where that word needs to be changed I guess. Hope it goes well adding P4life.

6 hours ago, DaveA said:

You also need to add yourself to the plot

I already did that, as I mentioned in the first post. 

Our names are on the plot-pole before we die and the names are there when we respawn but we can't build. We also can't build with our names added without tagging each other as friendly.

I re-read it and it doesn't actually say that the person that built the plot pole actually put their name on the plot, so I was making sure that part was done as it isn't intuitive that the person that built it also has to be on the plot in order for it to work. However, since you are saying that the person is on there will need to look in another direction.

From the github instructions

STEP 8 This one is in your dayz_server.pbo (Modifying server_monitor.sqf)
8 A
Find

_object setVariable ["ObjectID", _idKey, true];

After that, add

if (typeOf (_object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ") then {
_object setVariable ["plotfriends", _intentory, true];
};

8 B
Find

if (count _intentory > 0) then {

Replace that with

if ((count _intentory > 0) && !(typeOf( _object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ")) then { [/spoiler]

In 8b change intentory to inventory if you haven't done that. If that doesn't work we'll have to look a bit further. I gotta run to class so will check back later. 

3 hours ago, DaveA said:

I re-read it and it doesn't actually say that the person that built the plot pole actually put their name on the plot, so I was making sure that part was done as it isn't intuitive that the person that built it also has to be on the plot in order for it to work. However, since you are saying that the person is on there will need to look in another direction.

From the github instructions

Hide contents

STEP 8 This one is in your dayz_server.pbo (Modifying server_monitor.sqf)
8 A
Find

_object setVariable ["ObjectID", _idKey, true];

After that, add

if (typeOf (_object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ") then {
_object setVariable ["plotfriends", _intentory, true];
};

8 B
Find

if (count _intentory > 0) then {

Replace that with

if ((count _intentory > 0) && !(typeOf( _object) == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ")) then { [/spoiler]

In 8b change intentory to inventory if you haven't done that. If that doesn't work we'll have to look a bit further. I gotta run to class so will check back later. 

I did that as well. It flooded my RPT with errors when I changed it to "inventory" from "intentory"

I appreciate the help, we are going to try and install PlotManagement with PlotForLIfe tonight.

19 hours ago, DaveA said:

Odd as mine works with "inventory" there tho it came from El Dubya's work not directly mine, so I am not sure what else offhand that needs to be changed. There may be other instances where that word needs to be changed I guess. Hope it goes well adding P4life.

Hi Dave,

It did work well installing plot for life, all my issues are fixed. I must have missed something somewhere o.O

I appreciate the help!