Hoplox

[Release] Cinematic Camera Death

Another cinematic camera script :)

Again this is a very simple script to implement and the camera zooms out on death.

Spoiler

If you do not already have a custom player_death.sqf called from your custom compiles.sqf, Do this by unpacking the dayz_code.pbo inside the @Dayz_Epoch folder and search for "Player_death.sqf" excluding quotation marks. Copy this somewhere into your mission e.g Epoch_11.Chenarus etc.. file. After doing this, call your player_death.sqf by adding

player_death = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "PATH\player_death.sqf";

Into your compiles.sqf, make sure you alter it so the path is correct.

//Callous Gaming Death Camera
_body spawn {
	"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [1, 1, 1, 0.0], [1, 1, 1, 0.1],  [1, 1, 1, 0.0]];
	"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;
	"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;
	"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [2]; 
	"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;
	showCinemaBorder true;
	camUseNVG false;
	playSound "heartbeat_1";
	CG_CAM = "camera" camCreate [(getPosATL _this select 0), (getPosATL _this select 1),(getPosATL _this select 2)+4];
	CG_CAM cameraEffect ["internal","back"];

CG_CAM camSetFOV 2;
	CG_CAM camSetTarget (vehicle _this);
	CG_CAM camCommit 0;
	waitUntil {camCommitted CG_CAM};
	sleep 3;
	CG_CAM camSetTarget [(getPosATL _this select 0), (getPosATL _this select 1),(getPosATL _this select 2)+800];
	CG_CAM camSetRelPos [0,5,0];
	CG_CAM camCommit 80;
};

Copy and paste this into your player_death.sqf

Make sure it is pasted below the following two lines:

PVDZE_plr_Died = [dayz_characterID,0,_body,_playerID,_infected, dayz_playerName];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_plr_Died";

After doing this load up your server and test in-game :)

Feel free to criticize or like if this helped you!

-Hoplox, Thanks for reading!

On 23.03.2016 at 7:47 PM, Hoplox said:

Another cinematic camera script :)

Again this is a very simple script to implement and the camera zooms out on death.

Reveal hidden contents

If you do not already have a custom player_death.sqf called from your custom compiles.sqf, Do this by unpacking the dayz_code.pbo inside the @Dayz_Epoch folder and search for "Player_death.sqf" excluding quotation marks. Copy this somewhere into your mission e.g Epoch_11.Chenarus etc.. file. After doing this, call your player_death.sqf by adding

player_death = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "PATH\player_death.sqf";

Into your compiles.sqf, make sure you alter it so the path is correct.

//Callous Gaming Death Camera
_body spawn {
	"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [1, 1, 1, 0.0], [1, 1, 1, 0.1],  [1, 1, 1, 0.0]];
	"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;
	"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;
	"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [2]; 
	"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;
	showCinemaBorder true;
	camUseNVG false;
	playSound "heartbeat_1";
	CG_CAM = "camera" camCreate [(getPosATL _this select 0), (getPosATL _this select 1),(getPosATL _this select 2)+4];
	CG_CAM cameraEffect ["internal","back"];

CG_CAM camSetFOV 2;
	CG_CAM camSetTarget (vehicle _this);
	CG_CAM camCommit 0;
	waitUntil {camCommitted CG_CAM};
	sleep 3;
	CG_CAM camSetTarget [(getPosATL _this select 0), (getPosATL _this select 1),(getPosATL _this select 2)+800];
	CG_CAM camSetRelPos [0,5,0];
	CG_CAM camCommit 80;
};

Copy and paste this into your player_death.sqf

Make sure it is pasted below the following two lines:

PVDZE_plr_Died = [dayz_characterID,0,_body,_playerID,_infected, dayz_playerName];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_plr_Died";

After doing this load up your server and test in-game :)

Feel free to criticize or like if this helped you!

-Hoplox, Thanks for reading!

Fix for Infistar:

in AH.sqf change the path to the file player_death.sqf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By xDUKEx
      * Sorry ... This should be ARMA 2 not ARMA 3 ... Not sure how I got myself into the wrong forum*
      I'm currently on Epoch 1.0.6.2 and I've been banging my head against the wall when it comes to getting my intro.ogg file to play when a  player connects to the server. 
      I've been using some of my old server scripts to try to build a new one, and I've been online searching for a current script ... but they all seem pretty old and I wonder if they are still working.  Everyone I have tried does nothing.  I've tried adding it to a welcome message/credits script and to a camera intro script but nothing happens.  Actually, I can't even seem to get my stock Server Rules .sqf to stop running.  It's getting really frustrating. 
      Then I found the server_playerLogin.sqf and I wondered if maybe I needed to script the code in here?
      If anyone knows of a current playsound / welcome credits / camera intro script, in any combination of the three or you know where I should be placing the script, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks!
    • By harcosgoogle
      Hi.

Death messages script? 1.0.6.1?
    • By Birgitte
      Players and myself have been having trouble looting our corpse in 1.0.6.1. We are using the group system and sometimes when we load in there is no corpse, other times, you can see it on the map and when you get there it disappears or disappears in the middle of looting yourself. Is there a time limit on how long you can take to get back to your corpse? If so, how do I adjust?
    • By Birgitte
      Good afternoon friends,
      The server is coming along fine with all of your help. I am having some issues that are making game play difficult for my players. At times, the server seems to have a delay with responding to actions. When you try to get in a vehicle, you will get the standard action movement and then stand there waiting for entry. there is a delay, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes, then you are in the vehicle. This also happens when shooting AI or zombies. You fire a head shot and they still can attack you for a few seconds or minutes until they just die. This can have obvious adverse effects and players want to go play something else. I have upgraded my server service to what is supposed to be the best nitrado has to offer so i don't think that is the issue. My RPT log is spamming like this a bunch. What can i do to fix this?
      Server: Object 3:665 not found (message 99)
      Server: Object 3:663 not found (message 99)
      If this is in the wrong place please forgive me and let me know where to go. You have all been a great help so far.

=o)
    • By Hoplox
      Well, this is my first script post. Been using this on my server; Just makes a nicer entrance when you load in and spawn. I believe this has been posted but no instructions for how to use it with ESSV2.
      _welcomeMessage = format["Welcome to [Your server name here], %1, Enjoy your stay!",format["%1", name player]]; _camDistance = 75; waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord")}; showCinemaBorder true; camUseNVG false; _camera = "camera" camCreate [(position player select 0)-2, position player select 1,(position player select 2)+_camDistance]; _camera cameraEffect ["internal","back"]; _camera camSetFOV 2.000; _camera camCommit 0; waitUntil {camCommitted _camera}; _camera camSetTarget vehicle player; _camera camSetRelPos [0,0,5]; _camera camCommit 8; cutText [_welcomeMessage, "PLAIN DOWN"]; waitUntil {camCommitted _camera}; _camera cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]; camDestroy _camera; if you use ESSV2, place the code at the bottom of start.sqf and save.
      You can play around with the camera settings to suit your preferances.
      Feel free to be critical and point out any problems :)
      If this helped you please like!
      -Hoplox, Thanks for having a look :)
      -Credits to JuanDayz and his original post 

• Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord