Help with my new vilayer server

sampson42002

Question

Hello, I currently have a vilayer Arma 2 dayz package server for my PvE overpoch server.  I decided to get another one and copycat the PvE server but make this one PvP, since I do miss PvPing. 

I bought the second server yesterday, received the provision complete email and logged into it on my control panel.  Once the service was setup the only things I did was, goto into the control panel and went to the new service. Opened addon manger and installed BattlEye, server messages, uninstalled dayz chernarus, and installed overpoch.  I have not messed with any server files at this point. 

I opened Arma 2, went to multiplayer and remote, entered the IP address and clicked ok.  My server did not show up.  I either filter search or remote search the IP for my other server and it shows up fine.  I decided to look in launcher for the new one, launcher shows the new server name, shows players 0/0 (even tho it's a 30 slot server), ping was 9999 and it did not show a map name.  I tried loading it and it went right away to waiting for host. 

I uninstalled overpoch and reinstalled it just to make sure that was not the problem.  I looked at the error report, nothing looked out of the norm from my other server except the last line. See spoiler

Updating base class ->M240, by ca\weapons_e\m240\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m240_scoped_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class AKS_BASE->AK_BASE, by vilas_aks_cfg\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/AKS_74_UN_kobra/
Updating base class House->DZE_OpenHouse, by warehouse\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Ind_Pec_03/
Updating base class ->C130J_base, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_US_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air_e\an2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/An2_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->CH47_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ch47\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_TL_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/
Updating base class AK_BASE->AKS_BASE, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\ai_madeaks74unkobrafullysilenced\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AKS_74_UN_kobra/
Updating base class ReammoBox->Small_items, by corepatch\corepatch_additionalobjects\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/CardboardBox/
Updating base class ->Mode_FullAuto, by corepatch\corepatch_ccp_68220\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/G36a/FullAuto/
Updating base class ->Mode_SemiAuto, by corepatch\corepatch_ccp_68220\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/G36a/Single/
Updating base class CA_Magazine->4000Rnd_762x51_M134, by corepatch\corepatch_ccp_71142_cit_13602_25047\config.cpp/CfgMagazines/2000Rnd_762x51_M134/
21:24:45 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
21:24:46 Connected to Steam servers/spoiler]

The last to lines I have not seen before on my other server's RPT.  Also I did enter a ticket to vilayer, but if you have ever used them before, you know it can take along time for them to answer.  Also both servers have different ip address and ports.

Any help with this would be great thanks Mike

107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/

18 answers to this question

do yourself a favor and get rid of vilayer for one.  Their support is horrid. I wouldnt touch vilayer with your money lol. As a matter of fact, my clan package was free for over a year, because when i asked them to move a box (constant crashs), they moved the wrong server.

Now, i dont have access to my website cpanel, its been months. I decided to send them a ticket about a week and a half ago...sill not fixed, and ive yet to receive a reply and they've closed my ticket because the ticket was open for more than 96 hours without me responding...lol well duh because im waiting for a response lol

Have nothing good to say about vilayer ^^and this is just the tip of what i've had to deal with through them.  If they actually responded in a proper timely fashion and not all copy pasted generic responses then maybe i would consider them....

@theduke yes their support is awful,  Thats why I figured i'd also post here as well.  It takes them forever to get back with you if they even do, I have sent tickets to the sales department asking about different products where it would cost me a bit more money.  They don't even answer those. 

I had a VPS/VDS at NFO servers.  They are great, a few times I sent them an ticket, from the time I hit send and got up and went downstairs (right after hitting send) I had a reply.  I left them because the VPS/VDS was not powerful enough.  I want one of their dedicated full machines.  However those run between $140 - $180 a month and I don't have that kind of money.  Plus a friend I made that was damn good with scripting has been gone since January, so if I run into any problems moving the game files or database over it could be a huge problem.

I assume my problem has to do with those steam ports, but can't really out why they are a problem.

well first i would try to see if you can connect to it without using dayzlauncher.  I use batch files to connect to my servers. You might need to revert arma2 OA if you havnt done it yet.  Dayz launcher is temperamental sometimes lol.  Batch file is fool proof once its setup.  I dont see anything in that part of the RPT that would cause your server to not behave properly. That is all normal as far as i know.

@theduke Dayzlauncher is the only way I can find it.  It does not show up in Arma 2 using either filter search or remote search.  But if you look at the screenshot bellow it does not show up correctly in launcher, when I click play it gets stuck on waiting for host.  Nothing else pops in the RPT.  I'll look into a batch file, not good at making them.  What do you mean revert arma2 OA?

56e30800ad8c6_Serverdayzlauncher.jpg.5c5

@theduke I have not modded the server files yet.  I simply used vilayer's addon manager to do the one click install of BattEye, server messages, and overpoch.  I then with default files tried logging in and thats when I got this problem.

As far as coin system (not installed on this server yet) I think I originally installed 3.0.  I did not put banking in, the friend I had added banking so he may have went back to 2.0.  He used some of the files he had on his server that he shut down(due to not having money and time).  

if you have a running server with vilayer, and you would like to copy it. its possible. i could walk you through. the reason i asked is because single currency 2.0 uses different dlls.

but the way you've done it so far, theoretically it should work the way you explained. make sure the database is connecting too. If i remember correctly i had to use the root username and password in the hive for the database.

@theduke I figured the copying of files from one vilayer server to another vilayer server would have been the easy part.  I just did not want to do it until I knew the default files worked. 

The thing is I'm not sure if the database connects.  I use the the server ip address with a query port of 2303, the server port is 2302.  I use root for user name, then the root password it gives in database manager.  I have not had it successfully connect.  I also had that added in the ticket.

TBH i would love to help, but i would almost need to see what has been done so far.  IF you decided to use another host and wanted to copy the running server over that is possible too. If you want you can PM me and ill give you my TS info.

I've only expereince GTX and Vilayer. GTX is better than vilayer by FAR. but they can still be frustrating. I heard NFO servers were good. But never tried.

I personally am on a dedicated box and wouldnt think again about a host lol.  You are your own support and its much easier to handle.

for 2 servers take a look at OVH or soyoustart.  They are sister companies.   prices are good and i've never had a issue yet

and a big LOL at GTX because thats exactly why i left. Twice they "could not find" my backups lol. 

I run 2 servers with a i7 4790k 32GB ram and 240GB SSD. Never had problems.  But i wouldnt go more than 2 servers

EDIT: the MC 32 would be your best option. SSD and the CPU has a faster clock speed.  From what I've experienced and heard, the Xeon is good for servers, but for longevity. Since its not "yours" to replace if something goes wrong. I would go with the i7

9 minutes ago, sampson42002 said:

@theduke which site are you looking at?  I don't see the MC32 on either OVH or the other. 

https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/game/

You might need a windows licence...i needed one. But im in canada, i think in the US they supply them for a monthly price