**RELEASE** EPOCH VEHICLES.

Reskin Its a way to add vehicles whitout  asking players to download off the server.

Dnt have greats knowledge about photoshop so i had to looking for vehicles package in armaholic and find which textures wold work whit epoch, and make a few changes.

**textures are in low quality to not enlarge the server mission file.***

If anyone have a tuto of photoshop to make it easy or have own textures please share :)

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

Well lets to install:

-Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8kqlfy8z741mm89/EpochVehicles.rar

and paste in :ServerRoot\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\.

Note:- You need open 3 files. "server_monitor.sqf" , "server_publishVehicle2.sqf", and "server_publishVehicle3.sqf"

1-

A-Open "server_monitor.sqf" located in: ServerRoot\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\system\  the find lines in red and add lines in blue

Spoiler

// # END SPAWN OBJECTS #
    processInitCommands;

B-Again in "server_monitor.sqf" find lines in red and add lines in blue.

Spoiler

if (_type == "Mi17_Civilian_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Mi17_Civilian_DZ.jpg''];';};          
            if (_type == "SUV_Orange") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Orange.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_Pink") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Pink.jpg''];';};        
            if (_type == "Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "hilux3_civil_1_open_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\hilux1_civil_3_open.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "hilux1_civil_1_open") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\hilux1_civil_1_open.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "MH6J_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\MH6J_DZ.jpg''];';};

_lockable = 0;

2-

Open "server_publishVehicle2.sqf" located in:ServerRoot\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\compile\  find lines in red and add lines in blue.

Spoiler

} else {
        _object = createVehicle [_class, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
    };

if (_class == "Mi17_Civilian_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Mi17_Civilian_DZ.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Orange") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Orange.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Pink") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Pink.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "hilux1_civil_3_open_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\hilux1_civil_3_open.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "hilux1_civil_1_open") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\hilux1_civil_1_open.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "MH6J_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\MH6J_DZ.jpg''];';};

3-In "server_publishVehicle3.sqf" located in same place than publishVehicles2. Find lines in red and add lines in blue.

Spoiler

//Add weapons
    _objWpnTypes =     _weapons select 0;
    _objWpnQty =     _weapons select 1;

if (_class == "Mi17_Civilian_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Mi17_Civilian_DZ.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Orange") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Orange.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Pink") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Pink.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "hilux1_civil_3_open_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\hilux1_civil_3_open.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "hilux1_civil_1_open") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\hilux1_civil_1_open.jpg''];';};
    if (_type == "MH6J_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\MH6J_DZ.jpg''];';};

4-Do it in PublishVehicles2 and PublishVehicles3: Find lines in red and add lines in blue.

Spoiler

publicVariable "PVDZE_veh_Init";
processInitCommands;

**REPACK YOUR dayz_server

DONE!                

Bugs: Server Restart restore the Skin of toyota civil defence to the original white.

i take this post to do it:

juan i have experience with photoshop and corel, ive done a few skins myself. I just done know all the vehicles that are able to be textured and what can be textured. I tried to do the rims on the SUV, it loads my rims, but then the server catchs up and loads the default rims on top of mine.  Maybe we can help each other

from what i understand the number 0 (highlighted in bold)

is how the server knows what to grab from the picture. I dont know what other numbers would do. I've done research but cant find anything.

Here is a pic of one of my skins for the SUV

2015-09-09_00001.thumb.jpg.b2941d6440456

I 've seen your Canadian suv when looking textures and wanted to put it but cant find the texture base:D  awesome!! 
I would like to see her with the Argentinian flag  :D

***Number 0 : maybe we can get any info in paint vehicles mod posts. or perhaps something based on colors or numbers of colors. Really have no idea

Here are a couple textures

http://imgur.com/AqnYZUl

http://imgur.com/71WmdV5

This one bellow i use for Roaming AIs, because i run PVE servers, its easy to spot them  lol

http://imgur.com/S6e0oNo

and here is a PSD with a clipping mask.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hsr7ffdgixjd48/SUV.rar?dl=0

When you open the PSD, the top layer, right click on it and go to "release clipping mask".

You'll notice it becomes a full square.  The canada layer is the shape of whats needed for the skin.  Use that as a template and you can create as many skins as you want. Import any design you want and make sure its the top layer, and the canadian suv layer is right bellow, right click on the top layer and "create clipping mask".

I save mine as JPG and they are roughly 150kb.  With good details.

EDIT: don't forget that you cant put text, otherwise it mirrors. Also the licence plate you CAN modify it.

As for the texture numbers, i made a square bright purple texture. and tried a bunch of number and was never successful. Its been a while, i might try it again, would love to have custom rims and such lol.

Got a question for you, would you know how i could attach a mounted weapon to a truck that doesnt have one? even if it means making a new pbo thats fine. i kinda made my own lil mod pack for friends and I lol.  thanks

Got a question for you, would you know how i could attach a mounted weapon to a truck that doesnt have one? even if it means making a new pbo thats fine. i kinda made my own lil mod pack for friends and I lol.  thanks.

Yes you need make a new .pbo and add a @folder.  for example  @truckarmed.  then add this parameter in your serverlauncher.bat

Spoiler

@echo off
start "arma2" /min /high "your\server\root\path\arma2oaserver.exe" -cpuCount=2 -maxmem=2047 -exThreads=1 -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;@truckarmed"

then your friends needs to download this @truckarmed folder and paste inside game root.

i guess you can use blender 3d to make the new model and guess too this model must be in .p3d format.

another thing not sure if u need do a "key" to make it works

you can take some referense for armaholic page.

and THNKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR INFO ABOUT PHOTOSOHP AND TEXTURES!!!

oh i know how to launch my own mod.  I can sign PBOs too. I have the server running already.

One of the special trucks i have, i would like to add a mounted weapon in the back.  Not sure if this is possible with the attach to object command in arma. I've researched and tried a couple things but it didnt work.

here all custom suvs package. http://www.mediafire.com/download/4tz5om5i7w56xxp/SUV_Skis.rar

here code lines:

Server_Monitor.sqf

Spoiler

if (_type == "SUV_Red") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Red.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_Green") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Green.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_Orange") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Orange.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_Pink") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Pink.jpg''];';};        
            if (_type == "SUV_Blue") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Blue.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_TK_CIV_EP1.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_White") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_White.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_Yellow") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Yellow.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_Camo") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Camo.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_Silver") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Silver.jpg''];';};
            if (_type == "SUV_Charcoal") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Charcoal.jpg''];';};

Server_Publishvehicle2 and 3 :

Spoiler

if (_class == "SUV_Red") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Red.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Green") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Green.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Blue") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Blue.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_TK_CIV_EP1") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_TK_CIV_EP1.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_White") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_White.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Yellow") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Yellow.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Camo") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Camo.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Silver") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Silver.jpg''];';};
    if (_class == "SUV_Charcoal") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''custom\skin\SUV_Charcoal.jpg''];';};

Pics: http://postimg.org/image/w51jae1j5/

http://postimg.org/image/knu8bd3vh/

On 12/3/2016 at 1:57 AM, juandayz said:

Heres my suv whit your help :D Arm_A2_OA_2016_03_11_21_54_58_26.png

Arm_A2_OA_2016_03_12_00_43_20_57.png

exactamente lo que estaba buscando!.estoy tratando de hacer epoch lo mas post-apocalíptico posible sin el millón de armas/vehiculos  que trae, solo estas 

["M1014","Remington870_lamp","LeeEnfield","Winchester1866","MR43","LeeEnfield","Winchester1866","MR43"];

y que todo los vehiculos se encuentren en el mapa se tengan que reparar (no mas de 20 vehiculos en todo el mapa)

mil gracias., 

well in resume , for do not speak spanish i just trying to make an apocalypse epoch without the tons of weapons and overpowered vehicles.just some weapons and some vehicles.

try this put all the .jpg files any were even not in the mp missions or server pbo 

and you can have bigger file size wont make your mission file bigger   

if (_class == "Mi17_Civilian_DZ") then {_object setVehicleInit 'this setObjectTexture [0, ''[] spawn {put file name and place here};''];';};

• 1 year later...