Probably DB issues / Vehicles & gear disappear and appear after several server restarts

rvg?!

Question

Hi,

we got the following problem on our server. Bought vehicles and gear from any trader (Epoch, BlackMarket) or spawned disappears after some days and appears again after several server restarts. Is that maybe a known issue?

So far i couldnt find any solution searching on the forum or google, neither any errors (DB saving) in the server log. Any help would be appreciated. We use the default DB storage settings.

I attached our Server RPT.

cheers rvg?!

7 answers to this question

To bring it to the point:

- Gear lost after server restart

- Vehicles disappear after server restart

- Weapons and gear disappear after player got killed

After several server restarts the gear and vehicles spawn randomly back to players/groups.

I could manage that problem if it would be SQL, but redis is just a pain for me. Is there no workaround/how to available for this?

Savecycle is set to 1 minute and still these problems.

Thx in advance!

cheers rvg?!

Redis is not the Problem. We have no such problems.

Setting redis to safe more often only take effect to the redis dump file. This not mean, how often Arma is saving to the DB.

Do you restart redis in every Server restart? If so, this is your Problem. Do NOT restart it!

Or you have a Problem with to much vehicles. If you have more vehicles on the map and at the traders, then allowed in epochconfig, they will not spawn all. Only the max allowed count spawn..

After several server restarts the gear and vehicles spawn randomly back to players/groups.

What do you mean with this? Peoples spawn nacked and after several retarts the gear comes back???

The redis DB runs 24/7, so not turning off during the restart.

I will try that with the vehicles again and set a limit. But even on my testserver it didnt take effect if there is a limit or not.

20 minutes ago, He-Man said:

What do you mean with this? Peoples spawn nacked and after several retarts the gear comes back???

Exactly what you said. They had full gear (Uniform, Backpack, Vest and so on). They log off and after the restart (randomly) they lose the gear and spawn naked. Several restarts later they got their gear from for example 4 days ago back on their bodies. Thats odd.