Server has no world after joining (screen is black)

DennisSkov

Question

Hi,

I was trying to create a Epoch server on Debian 8, but I'm having trouble playing on it. It seems like the server starts perfectly, but I'm simply not able to play on it. As soon as I enter the game, the screen goes black as if there is no world.

It's hard to explain so I created a short video showing the issue:

Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

From the video it looks like you have renamed the @EpochHive Folder to @EpochServer. This should not be done as the game pbo's and the dll/so look for files inside the @epochive folder.

If you are running the latest build you need to update the a3_epoch_server.pbo as well as the mission files so that you can load the fixes correctly.

Alright, @vbawol - thanks!

One of the problems was exactly what you said. But, I also needed to rename @epochhive/Addons to @epochhive/addons. Everything is working now. 

I made a new server config for TCAdmin where the client can install Epoch of Exile. For Epoch, I made some scripts that automatically starts redis-server on a unique port, automatically connects to it (using a unique password for all clients), and once the server is deleted, the redis-server get's shut down. Thanks a bunch, man!