How do you "pack a backpack" into a magazine item?

Cavadus

It used to be that smaller back packs could be put in larger ones, but after 6 months away and many updates missed i notice I can no longer do this. Previously you had to have clicked on the carryall back pack in your inventory UI and then drag the smaller one into the back pack. 

This no longer seems to be allowed. Which seems odd as previously we could not sell back packs but could put one inside another. Now we can sell back packs but not from inside the inventory of a larger back pack.

So i tried this again this morning and managed to put an empty tactical back pack into my carryall back pack. The back pack was from a loot container and not on a body. I know there are issues with taking wearable items from body and putting straight into inventory. So seems in certain circumstances i.e. empty and not off a body you can in fact pick up smaller back pack and insert into inventory of larger back pack.

The reason you can not take backpack straight from a body and put in your backpack is because people try to drag and drop items directly from body. It never worked and will never work. You have to right click and remove your backpack first, then equip body's backpack onto yourself and then do the same, right-click to remove it. Then put your original backpack on and then drag and drop body's backpack into your backpack. Same with vests and clothes too.