NEW STYLE FOR THE OLD JOURNAL

juandayz

This is a new custom journal. and how to do your own.

Sin_t_tulo_1.jpg

*Whats its journal?  It is a book that replaces the debug monitor. "Insert" deployed with  and can hide.

*First 

IF  U HAVE THE JOURNAL GO TO STEP 2

IF U DONT HAVE JOURNAL u can follow the old guide or use my step 1 its the same.

Step 1:

download the given rar-archive and extract into your missionfolder. (This is the old journal files)

in description.ext add at top

class RscIGUIShortcutButton;
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\defines.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\p__cover.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\p_journal_humanity.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\p_humanity_art.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\p_zombies_killed.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\p_bandits_killed.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\p_headshots.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\p_murders.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgPlayerStats\sound.hpp"

in dayz_code/actions/dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf search for User20 (line 138)
replace _nill = execvm "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\playerstats.sqf"; (line 140)
with createDialog "horde_journal_front_cover";

***Note: if u have a dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf file do the replace in your custom for example if u use snap pro, do here:

\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\Snap_Pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf

in dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf search for dayz_spaceInterrupt (line 26)

replace dayz_spaceInterrupt =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf"; (line 26)

with dayz_spaceInterrupt =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\actions\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

**Note: if ure using Snap Pro you already have a dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf file so dont remplace in compiles.sqf

in dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf search for //System (line 122) above insert ...

//playerstats
    horde_epeen_fnc_fill_page = compile preProcessFile "dayz_code\actions\playerstats\fill_page_fnc.sqf";
    horde_epeen_determine_humanity_fnc = compile preProcessFile "dayz_code\actions\playerstats\determine_humanity_fnc.sqf";
    horde_epeen_setText_journal_fnc = compile preProcessFile "dayz_code\actions\playerstats\epeen_setText_journal.sqf";
    horde_epeen_setText_humanity_fnc = compile preProcessFile "dayz_code\actions\playerstats\epeen_setText_humanity.sqf";
    horde_epeen_setText_stats_fnc = compile preProcessFile "dayz_code\actions\playerstats\epeen_setText_stats.sqf";
    horde_epeen_show_humanity_fnc = compile preProcessFile "dayz_code\actions\playerstats\show_humanity_fnc.sqf";

thats all

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________//

Step 2: (New journal)

A: paste the content into "YourServerRoot\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\

*Note: The content of the new folder remplace all the Old Journal Files so its important to have respected the paths of the OLD guide.

ITS DONE! (but if u want to do your own go to Step 3)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OTHER INFO:

Headers: contains the titles "Bandit,Humanity,Headshots,Murders,Kills,Zombies"
 Illus: contains the graphics for the Headers titles
 Book: contains the graphics for the Journal tape and pages
 Card: contains the graphics for the journal humanity, its a card i changed the card whit a passaport. u can change for any other thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 3:

To do your own journal you need TextView2 and Photoshop.

Example whit "bandit.paa"

*Whit TextView 2 open the "bandit.paa" ("yourserverroot"\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dayz_code\headers)
*now see the measures in pixels for this file for example : 512x512
*go to photoshop or another editor and create a new file whit the same measures and
transparent background.
*do it the graphic edition for your new journey and save as .PNG
*Again open TextView2 load the .PNG and save as .paa  (remplace the old .paa file *For this Example: save as "bandit.paa"

+.do for each file you want to replace.

Notes:

**if u can't view the journal go to options, controls, custom controls, and user action 20, then bind a key for it.

**Another problem could be your debug monitor, disable it if u want.

****Other thing: My journal stats are in spanish so if u want change to english go to your
...\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dayz_code\actions\playerstats open the epeen_setText_journal.sqf 
 and look for this lines:

align='left'>Grupo/Factor A+:        means blood
align='left'>Hambre:                      means food
align='left'>Sed:                            means thirst

align='left'>Sensacion Termica:      means Temp       
align='left'>Bondad:                       means Humanity

align='left'>Infectados:                   means Zombies

align='left'>Selector Spawn:         

align='left'>Luna Llena:                means full moon

align='center'>Sobreviviendo: %8 Dias(s)</t><br/>         means survived  days

align='center'>Demas Personas:%9</t><br/>                  means other players
align='center'>FPS:%10, FPSMin:%11</t><br/>

• 10 months later...
Just now, ViktorReznov said:

what i mean is, the download tries to make you either install something or the rar contains an exe. i dont think its the original files you uploaded. I wanted the journal but i cannot find the files for it to dl anywhere.

mm let me se if i can found it for you... you need the original files?

1 minute ago, ViktorReznov said:

yes, both of yours and the ones you required in the first post, if you wouldnt mind. I know 1.0.5.1 is a bit of a dinosaur now

here you got the original files . i upload it in .pbo

ORIGINAL : http://www.mediafire.com/file/t8psphm08sert50/journal.pbo

FILES FROM THIS POST: http://www.mediafire.com/file/79fwwkq8brsz8zz/dayz_code.pbo