[Release] New Custom Gui

juandayz

Hello! i want to share my Gui icons.    (at the end you can do your owns)                                                                                           56bcd226838a4_Sinttulo.jpg.97dc4f6327694

1-First Download the folder whit the .paa graphics.  DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gq1t1cwme5zf5b3/gui.rar

2-Paste in "yourserverroot"\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\  (if u change the path here, u will to change the paths in the Steap 4 of the guide)

3-find your "player_updateGui.sqf" and open whit Note++

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***If u dont have "playerupdateGui.sqf" do this, if u have go to step 4.

*First you'll need player_updateGui.sqf which you can get from here:

@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_updateGui.sqf

Copy&Paste it into your MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***IF U HAVE CUSTOM compiles.sqf:

Go into your compiles.sqf and add this line under the default one and comment the original out like soo:

//    player_updateGui =              compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_updateGui.sqf";

player_updateGui =              compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\player_updateGui.sqf";

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF U DONT HAVE  CUSTOM compiles.sqf :

Go into your @DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf

Copy&Paste it into your MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\

Open up init.sqf and add this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";

Right under this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4- In "player_updateGui.sqf" :

A-(new blood) Find This line:

if (_bloodLvl <= 0) then {
    _blood = "\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\status_blood_inside_1_ca.paa";
    } else {
    _blood = "\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\status_blood_inside_" + str(_bloodLvl) + "_ca.paa";
    };

Replace whit that:

if (_bloodLvl <= 0) then {
    _blood = "gui\Bloodgui\status_blood_inside_1_ca.paa";
    } else {
    _blood = "gui\Bloodgui\status_blood_inside_" + str(_bloodLvl) + "_ca.paa";
    };

B-(new drink and food) Find:

if (_thirstLvl < 0) then { _thirstLvl = 0 };
_thirst = "\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\status_thirst_inside_" + str(_thirstLvl) + "_ca.paa";

if (_foodLvl < 0) then { _foodLvl = 0 };
_food = "\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\status_food_inside_" + str(_foodLvl) + "_ca.paa";

Change:

if (_thirstLvl < 0) then { _thirstLvl = 0 };
_thirst = "gui\bebida\status_thirst_inside_" + str(_thirstLvl) + "_ca.paa";

if (_foodLvl < 0) then { _foodLvl = 0 };
_food = "gui\comida\status_food_inside_" + str(_foodLvl) + "_ca.paa";

C-(new temp)Find:

_temp = "\z\addons\dayz_code\gui\status_temp_" + str(_tempImg) + "_ca.paa";

Change:

_temp = "gui\temp\status_temp_" + str(_tempImg) + "_ca.paa";

And its done!.

*Note: u can do your own icons, just edit whit photoshop and TextView2 and change the .paa files whit your own. measures are 64x64 for all .paa files

something odd with this, I installed it as you described....the gui pics work as posted, but all info bottoms out, ie...humanity_ bandits, zombies and murders come up as 0 and when you die you do not come back in with the setup inventory as setup in init.sqf, I also am running the spawn sqf and it just brought my player back in the wilderness with no gear. Also, the vehicles that are locked are unlocked.

2 hours ago, lonewolfgaming said:

something odd with this, I installed it as you described....the gui pics work as posted, but all info bottoms out, ie...humanity_ bandits, zombies and murders come up as 0 and when you die you do not come back in with the setup inventory as setup in init.sqf, I also am running the spawn sqf and it just brought my player back in the wilderness with no gear. Also, the vehicles that are locked are unlocked.

You've stuffed something up then. All this is, is changing file paths and adding new icons.

But you might already have a custom playerupdateGui ?
 if you use  plot for life you have one.
Another option would be to delete this line in compiles.sqf

//player_updateGui =  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_updateGui.sqf";

and leaving only this :

player_updateGui = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\player_updateGui.sqf";

Look this is a part of my compiles.sqf  using Plot 4 life:

player_lockVault =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\player_lockVault.sqf";
    player_updateGui =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\Compile\player_updateGui.sqf";
    player_crossbowBolt =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_crossbowBolt.sqf";
    player_music =                 compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_music.sqf";            //Used to generate ambient music
    player_death =                compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_death.sqf";
    player_switchModel =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_switchModel.sqf";
    player_checkStealth =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_checkStealth.sqf";
    world_sunRise =                compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_sunRise.sqf";

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, dztancem8 said:

Not working for me, added GUI folder to mission PBO, did rest of the steps and now my server errors out and says waiting for server to start authentication

Any errors on RTP, or is it just hanging at the authentication screen?  Recheck your directories for your compiles and/or the syntax on step 4. Usually happens when the server fails to load something HUD related properly. Happened to me once when trying to add a custom HUD.

24 minutes ago, Jyggs said:

Any errors on RTP, or is it just hanging at the authentication screen?  Recheck your directories for your compiles and/or the syntax on step 4. Usually happens when the server fails to load something HUD related properly. Happened to me once when trying to add a custom HUD.

Jyggs You have teamspeak or skype? DM me to fix this please <33333

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...