Top 2 Issues: Loot & Spawning

Cavadus

These are my two biggest gripes with Epoch (and have been for awhile).  The way the player spawning works it makes it really difficult to add additional spawn locations.  Some people might have an easy time adding spawn locations but so far adding Halv's spawn mod seems to be the best route.  Adding additional spawn locations in that is really easy and straight forward.  It would be nice if instead of the man-holes we could just have a terminal that brought up a map and menu and an array laying around in a pbo somewhere so we can add additional locations without much fuss.

I know this brings up the issue of safe zones but I think as long as a spawn selection menu clearly marks unsafe (custom) spawns it would be fine.  Then give like a random spawn radius distance around the point for a final setting.

My other issue is the loot spawning.  The current mechanism is bad.  I'm talking about the direction check every whatever seconds.  It makes scavenging cities a PITA and all but forces players to just game it.  There's nothing organic or natural about where loot spawns in Epoch.  It's just run towards a building, spawn loot, run away, wait a few seconds, run towards another build, collect loot, et cetera, et cetera.

A simple radius check on a timer with random-ish time and distance deviation would be better, IMO.

There's my two cents.  Feel free to add on, tell me I'm dumb, opine about cool future plans if you're in the know, et cetera :)