Building Items Sometimes Snap Out Of Place

Flybynight

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  The wooden wall, cinder wall, etc... (doesn't seem to matter) will be locked in with the countdown timer doing just fine before it is permanently in place...then boom...when the timer reaches "zero" and all should be well, the wall magically moves diagonally and must be removed and I start over. 

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2016 at 4:10 PM, KPABATOK said:

Have you tried waiting longer? After doing it 10-15 seconds passed and it reverts back into correct position. Tried only once though so far.

I have tried this many times and it has always settled into the correct position after a few seconds.  Go build another wall, floor etc and by the time that one is finished the original one should be in place ok.

On 26/02/2016 at 4:46 PM, FiddyB said:

I have tried this many times and it has always settled into the correct position after a few seconds.  Go build another wall, floor etc and by the time that one is finished the original one should be in place ok.

This...

Happens quite often most notably when putting a cinder wall or wooden stud wall on top of a wooden floor. But as @FiddyB says BTT you place another wall it's snapped back to the correct position.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2016 at 4:46 PM, FiddyB said:

Same experience for me no need to remove if you wait just a little longer it will re-correct its position to snapped orientation. Would be nice if this did not happen at all though:dry:

• 1 month later...

I thought from changelog that the moving of set building parts to an odd angle had been fixed for 0.3.8, but having just started a new build on a new vanilla server seeing the same issue. It does not happen with every piece and can happen when first placed (Pic 1), or when a piece is upgraded ( Pic 2), eg stud wall to wall with plywood.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Also noticing that wood stud walls and tower pieces do not align particularly well when snapping, often leaving spacious, (in my opinion), gaps (Pic 3). Whilst in example shown the wall behind it protects, in a free standing structure I would be less than happy to have such gaps in my wall. It is noted that such gaps do not appear when using a cinder wall.

Pic 3