Game Server Company Selling my Epoch Script

Donnovan

Hi,

A game servers company is selling my script for $20. You pay and receive the server with the script. A pit since the script is extremelly easy to install.

i was aware of this some days ago when searching for a host to my Mod.

I, as the creator of the script, have any right over this?

Thankyou.

Hi Donnovan,

Contact them and tell them to stop or work out an arrangement with them, as the author i'm sure you want people to enjoy your work, on the other side it's unfair a company should profit from the time you spent creating it.

If you get no response then message Awol, he'll be sure to help you out.

i dont agree with the "selling the script" part.  They use the terms "taking time to install it for you".  That is their selling point.

I noticed one host had one of your scripts, i assumed they had your permission.  Even with giving you credit is just not enough if you were not aware of it in the first place.  Its a shady way of doing business.

I would definitely contact them and ask for something...

Good luck

I don't think they sell it, you pay extra money for them to install it for you because some servers owner are too lazy to even try to install themselves. Lots people are doing that they install scripts and you pay them, do you have right on that? I don't think so. 

2 hours ago, Petite said:

I don't think they sell it, you pay extra money for them to install it for you because some servers owner are too lazy to even try to install themselves. Lots people are doing that they install scripts and you pay them, do you have right on that? I don't think so. 

Its still a selling point they are using it as competition against others.  They should to the minimum ask, like i said in my first post, since it was there i assumed they had asked.  Its just common courtesy.

And if they have his script, why not all the other scripts too that exist? I think they thought they would be able to get away with it and did it anyways... Not to mention his scripts are one of the easiest to installed. Slap the folder in your files drop a call line and your good to go. 

• 2 months later...

Allot of GSP's do it , so far the 3 GPS's we've been with all provided the same service .

Allthough one does it for free with one click installations.

To be honest there arent that many A2OA epoch servers out there anymore and little to no people willing to put the efford in unless it is one click install .

Made so easy for some , its actually keep the amount of servers a bit up but when it comes to mixing up mods they need to get into adding scripts themselves anyway .