Trying to Figure Out Weather Settings

Cavadus

So, working with:

// Cold Foggy Rainy Overcast Windy; Format: 	{temp <scalar>,rain <scalar>,fog <array>,overcast <scalar>,wind <array>}

In EpochConfig.hpp.  I'm looking for a darker atmosphere on my Esseker server so I want it to be overcast most of the time, good chance for rain, medium chance for fog, and cold-ish (above freezing, probably in the 40s to 50s fahrenheit).

I ran across this thread but it wasn't much help.  That dude was obsessed with fog; I'm not.  Any ideas for a ballpark setup?

Changing weather in epochconfig.hpp can only set static weather!

To change the random weather, you have to change the Weather code:

Look in @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server_settings\EpochEvents\ChangeWeather.sqf

You can change for example:

_fog = if (isNil "_fogOVRD") then { [random 0.2, random 0.2, random 20] } else { _fogOVRD };
_rain = if (isNil "_rainOVRD") then { random 1 } else { _rainOVRD };
_overcast = if (isNil "_overcastOVRD") then { random 1 } else { _overcastOVRD };

to:

_fog = if (isNil "_fogOVRD") then { [random 0.4, random 0.4, random 15] } else { _fogOVRD };
_rain = if (isNil "_rainOVRD") then { 0.4 + random 0.6 } else { _rainOVRD };
_overcast = if (isNil "_overcastOVRD") then { 0.4 + random 0.6 } else { _overcastOVRD };

This will only work, if you have NOT overwritten the weather with static weather in epochconfig!

WeatherStaticForecast[] = {};

For fog, I'm not sure, what the parameters exactly do.

Try it by yourself and check https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFog_array

Okay, so looking at:

_rnd_temp = if (sunOrMoon < 1) then { (random 35) + 15 } else { (random 40) + 20 };

I read this as base temp at night 35 (+/- 15 degrees so between 20 and 50) and during the day 40 degrees (+/- 20 so 20 to 60 degrees).  Is that correct?

Because those are the current settings on my server and it's 75 degrees outside right now during the day which seems impossible.

Double checked my EpochConfig.hpp and it reads:  WeatherStaticForecast[] = {};

Base temp is the fix value. In your example 15 / 20 °F. To this Base temp, there will be added a random value of 0-35°F at night / 0-40 °F at day.

I'm not sure, but it seems, that the weather changer works first time after xxx Minutes. Before this time, this script does nothing.

And note: That is not °C ! It's °Fahrenheit!