Server load fps issue on dedicated box

creativv

Question

Hello all ,

For some time now we were renting a server at a GSP and we took the step to go dedicated because of a few reasons but the for this reason in particular .

We have a modded Overpoch server and when we hit around 25 to 20 players the lagg just kicks in and server load fps drops under 5 .

So happy we were when we got a box and we now installed it all (Box specs Intel® i5-4590 (Quad-Core, 4x 3,7 Ghz) 2 x 2 TB (7,200 rpm, 64 MB Cache) 1,000 Mbit/s Server 2012 R2 Standard )

Server is running and we made a copy of our database (around 17.000 rows total) and it still runs like crap , with 2 people online server load fps drops down to 23 .

Just to test a theory  ( database was to big for some people's likings) i ran a test server from my own pc with the exact same files and databas , with 2 people online we get 48 server load fps .

My question comes down to is that box not enough to run a dedicated box with 17.000 rows in the database ?

Best regards

3 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, BigEgg said:

This could be because of a variety of issues. I would make sure there are little to no script errors (these can cause lag when lots of players are on) and I would intensify your cleanup scripts.

Like i said , server hosted from my own pc has 48 load fps with 3 players online 2 from the USA and 1 from the UK (i live in the Netherlands) .

Scripts are exactly the same on my machine and dedicated box .

On ‎17‎-‎1‎-‎2016 at 7:54 PM, BigEgg said:

This could be because of a variety of issues. I would make sure there are little to no script errors (these can cause lag when lots of players are on) and I would intensify your cleanup scripts.

I've read somewhere you know more about extdb , would this make the server faster and increase loadfps ?