Should I build a new server with the latest OA patch?

Bob_the_K

Question

I'm thinking of undertaking a new OverPoch server and am debating starting with the latest patched non-beta version of OA.  But I hear lots of problems, ranging from issues with the basic epochmod, to many issues with various scripts.  One big one that I hear a lot is that the medical boxes are always empty.

So has anyone built a new server with this latest Arma2 OA release?  If so, how has it worked?   Any words of wisdom?  Any gotchas? 

I do like the sound of the latest version with all the fixes they introduced.

And ideally I'd love to do this with Epoch v1.0.6 but it doesn't appear on DAYZ Launcher or Commander yet so how would players get the right client files?  Besides which, I haven't heard much about the stability of 1.0.6 either way yet.  Again any observations from anyone that's done it?

2 answers to this question

My test server is running the latest A2 patch and there isn't any problems besides the boxes not filling. Some things to note though, on our main servers the Humvee crows lost its thermal capability, as well as some other minor changes to vehicles.

The update removed all zeroing from thermal weapons.  Removed zeroing on some secondaries.  Slowed down the speed of certain vehicles off-road, mainly the SUV.

Also removed the "admin" suv, with 5000 slots.  The venom heli, removed manual fire and locked the side turrets in place (cant move the turrets to shoot...AT ALL).

And yes the one you mentioned the medbox issue, and the thermal on the crows nest is new to me.  Its almost midnight, i cant think of all of them atm, but those are few "realism" changes based on the devs opinions.  I'm telling as many of our players to revert the update.  My server isnt running the update.

and ive noticed these couple issues since the update, Vehicles duplicating on restart, with the gear.  Players spawn inside other players

To get the full truth and understanding out of the latest arma update, i would suggest reading the update thread on the behemia site.  Its not pretty i can promise lol