Default Player Loadouts

Cavadus

Question

So in 0.3.5.0...

Spoiler

[Added] Ability to fully change default player loadouts via CfgEpochServer configs:
(defaultGoggles, defaultHeadgear, defaultBackpack, defaultVestFemale, defaultVestMale, defaultUniformFemale, defaultUniformMale, itemsInContainers, weaponsInContainers, normalMagazines, weaponsAndItems)

CfgEpochServer configs.  Ummmm, where in the server file structure is that file?

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

Epochconfig.hpp:

defaultUniformFemale     = "U_Test_uniform";
defaultVestFemale         = "V_F41_EPOCH";
defaultUniformMale         = "U_Test1_uniform";
defaultVestMale         = "V_41_EPOCH";
defaultGoggles             = "";
linkedItems[]            = {"ItemMap"};
itemsInContainers[]        = {};
weaponsInContainers[]    = {};
normalMagazines[]        = {};

weaponsAndItems[]        =     {
                                "srifle_EBR_F",                                                                                                    // Current Weapon
                                {
                                    {"srifle_EBR_F","muzzle_snds_B","acc_pointer_IR","optic_DMS","bipod_02_F_blk",{"20Rnd_762x51_Mag",20}},        // Weapon 1 + Attach + Mags
                                    {"srifle_EBR_F","muzzle_snds_B","acc_pointer_IR","optic_DMS","bipod_02_F_blk",{"20Rnd_762x51_Mag",20}}        // Weapon 2 + Attach + Mags
                                },
                                {"srifle_EBR_F"}                                                                                                // Weapons on Man (not in Inventory)
                            };

3 hours ago, Cavadus said:

So I don't have any of that in my EpochConfig.hpp.  Running a server hosted by GTX.  Do I simply copy-->paste that code into the bottom?

you sure can go with the trial & error method if you have an abundance of time but the most efficient way if you ask your game hosting provider as they know their stuff best.

Yes, copy and paste it.

But in "my" code you will have automatic a mk18! Delete it, if you dont't want to have a weapon on respawn.

You can also only paste the leadouts you want. 

For example, if you only want to change the uniform, this will be enough:

defaultUniformMale         = "xxxxxxxx";

Just to clarify, the file you need to modify is in a folder named @epochhive. I believe GTX uses TCAdmin as a user interface and that may allow you to access @epochhive via the file brower function. epochconfig.hpp is also often one of the editable files listed in TCAdmin under configuration files.

Cheers,

Ghost

If I wanted something to be empty would I just leave in a blank field?  I didn't set up default vests so my players are spawning in with a fanny pack and a sports bag but that's too much storage.  I'd rather have the pack then the fanny pack so would just throwing in the default vests get rid of the fanny pack?

So like this:

defaultVestFemale         = "";
defaultVestMale         = "";