My Negative Experience on "[HAF]TS3[haf.teamspeak3.com] overpoch server-lift/tow- roaming-"

Bentley

INTRODUCTION

Hello,  It has been a LONG time since i have posted. Anyways, I have been playing epoch for years now. I have seen many changes and put many hours into it. I have to say, 99% of the time i have put into epoch, i have enjoyed.  It was BY FAR my favorite mod for Arma 2. However, I have noticed the last year that most private servers almost ALL have spawn select (the type where you can spawn in any and every town), and you also spawn with the biggest backpack and biggest gun, ETC. Where is the skill and fun in that? 90% of all recent servers seem to be based on easily acquiring gear and killing each other. To make it worse, lots of servers seem to have donator kits, where you are given HUGE amounts of building materials to build some HUGE unnecessary base at the cost of new players being sniped at the coast right as they spawn. It has been my mission to find servers that still has a survivor essence, a server where you have to EARN everything. A server in which nothing is handed to you on a golden platter, A server where running 5k meters is the norm, a CHALLENGE

My Experience with the [HAF] (heavily armed forces) clan/group

My good friend, jase (bigbasser), recommended I try a new server that he has been playing on. As he explained the features of the server to me, I got very excited and anxiously wanted to see if it was any different from the many servers out there that i talked about. The server had many positive features, Tow/lift, multiple Epoch Mission systems, Challenging roaming Ai, no spawn selection(good thing), no spawning with a ridiculous gun, no starter backpack(good thing). So I gave in, i joined the server and started my journey. In the past i was always reluctant to try overpoch, but i gave in and decided that i would deal with it. I will skip all the little things and get straight to the problems. I was talking to the owner(Gunner) and a few admins. I asked, "is there anybody i should worry about when it comes to bandits?" one of the admins (jablome/arrow) replied, "yes, conartist and Bam, they will literally kill you on sight" so i remembered that and said "if i see them i will happily take them out for you". what i did not know was that Conartist and Bam(bam is from the UK) were "superadmins". In this particular server, admins were able to spawn in anything they want, retrieve door codes, safe codes, teleport, god mode, the whole nine yards. You can see where this is becoming a problem right? Anyways, i get invited to the "admin base" only to be greeted by a huge floating platform connected to ZUB castle. they have many vehicles, mostly armored SUVs, fuel trucks, many urals. I am not saying they were not legit, but i had my doubts because most of them barely had over 50 hours of IG experience. One day, i was in a teamspeak call with Bam, conartist and Gunner(server owner). I am not sure why or what happened, but i was listening to them coordinating a base raid on another admin beacause they were mad that they lost a few vehicles.(they were just sitting in the open, unlocked) Before I tell you what they said, may i add that leter i was told by Jablome that every admin just checks the server logs to see who they got raided by when they are raided. I heard them saying things like "what are we gonna say when they ask how we got in here?" Another responded by saying that: "we can just make something up like we will say we stole his key and that when we came here the safe was unlocked." may i add that the server just restarted and after restarts, everything locks automatically. I can keep going on with the stories, but Gunner, the server owner is the same way, is abusive in his ways aswell. They told me at least twice that everything they had was "legit" LOL. not. My friend was there since they started the server, he watched them spawn in supply boxes. Yeah "legit"  they were. lol.  Their server was SOO close to getting things right when it came to gameplay However, admins who abuse, is unacceptable and ruins the fun. How can you expect new players to join and put lots of time into a server when you are gonna raid them using your admin powers? 

If you read all the way thru this, cheers. thank you for reading.

Here is their steam group and server website STATS. I can only speak for their dayz server and not any other servers or games that they play.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HeavilyArmedForcesRc

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arma2/103718?l%3Atime=AT

"LEGIT" LOL nlJmFpr.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bentley said:

As I speak, they are all making accounts to reply on here. I believe this topic was fair, I only judged the people i came in contact with, not the whole clan. This topic will stay. Thanks....

I have made an account to discuss this issue on a personal note, which is what should've happened before this was posted. If of course that had already happened and I was unaware, then this is fully okay for you to post. I feel that having an account will benefit me on being able to post if need be to the general public, but until then, lets be civil and discuss this personally.

-Lt. Maverick, Admin of HAF

i never blocked you man. I said if you want to discuss anything further, Hit me up here. here are the logs. 

Lt. Maverick is now Online.
Syrian Soldier(SAA): are a*
Lt. Maverick: Haha thanks. I'm the best and I feel a need for speed
Syrian Soldier(SAA): Cheers.
Lt. Maverick: So before you most likely block me, I'd like to talk. I'm an admin with HAF and I have been on "leave" for the past few days. I was not aware of anything that happened on the server nor do I condone anything that has been said to have happened. I feel I am a proper un-biased person to talk to in this situiation if you wouldn't mind taking the time.
Syrian Soldier(SAA): i am aware of who, you are. i am not blocking anyone. i am aware you are reading the topic.
Lt. Maverick: Oh yes, I have read it carefully and would like to discuss some things with you
Syrian Soldier(SAA): I will not engage in debate but if you have any general questions, sure...
Lt. Maverick: Well, personally I feel that if you are prepared to put something that negative onto a public forum, you should be prepared to have a debate, but I understand what you mean. I guess my first question would be, what proof do you have of the admin saying, "every admin just checks the server logs to see who they got raided by when they are raided" mainly because he told me that that was not true. (again, ive been gone for the past 5 days)
Syrian Soldier(SAA): "every admin just checks the server logs to see who they got raided by when they are raided" that is what i was told by arrow.
Syrian Soldier(SAA): it took me a little bit of time to put up. i have never publically written a "review" about a server but felt it was necessary. like it says in forums, "I can only speak for their dayz server and not any other servers or games that they play."
Lt. Maverick: Yes I understand that, did you at least try to discuss this on a personal note with other admins?
Syrian Soldier(SAA): you are co-owner you said?
Syrian Soldier(SAA): or just another admin?
Lt. Maverick: No sir, co-admin
Lt. Maverick: I have a very large say in the clan "so to speak"
Syrian Soldier(SAA): hah alright. well if you need anything else HMU on forums.
Syrian Soldier(SAA): see ya. good luck to you.
Lt. Maverick is now Offline.

As I've stated to Mr. Bently, I have been on "leave" for the past 4 or 5 days. I have not had any discussions with other admins of HAF during that time, nor have I had any contact with the server. That being said, I feel I am the best representative of HAF at this time since I feel un-biased about these situations. So, my main concern is that it is not actually possible to see, "who raided who's base with admin tool". I am a very heavy developer of our servers and I have a strong knowledge of how the scripts work. There is no script of which you can see what player has destroyed or even unlocked any sort of third party (Epoch Mod) structure. So if Mr. Bently is willing to co-operate. Maybe we can fix a few problems I have with this post.

4 minutes ago, Bentley said:

i never blocked you man. I said if you want to discuss anything further, Hit me up here. here are the logs. 

Lt. Maverick is now Online.
Syrian Soldier(SAA): are a*
Lt. Maverick: Haha thanks. I'm the best and I feel a need for speed
Syrian Soldier(SAA): Cheers.
Lt. Maverick: So before you most likely block me, I'd like to talk. I'm an admin with HAF and I have been on "leave" for the past few days. I was not aware of anything that happened on the server nor do I condone anything that has been said to have happened. I feel I am a proper un-biased person to talk to in this situiation if you wouldn't mind taking the time.
Syrian Soldier(SAA): i am aware of who, you are. i am not blocking anyone. i am aware you are reading the topic.
Lt. Maverick: Oh yes, I have read it carefully and would like to discuss some things with you
Syrian Soldier(SAA): I will not engage in debate but if you have any general questions, sure...
Lt. Maverick: Well, personally I feel that if you are prepared to put something that negative onto a public forum, you should be prepared to have a debate, but I understand what you mean. I guess my first question would be, what proof do you have of the admin saying, "every admin just checks the server logs to see who they got raided by when they are raided" mainly because he told me that that was not true. (again, ive been gone for the past 5 days)
Syrian Soldier(SAA): "every admin just checks the server logs to see who they got raided by when they are raided" that is what i was told by arrow.
Syrian Soldier(SAA): it took me a little bit of time to put up. i have never publically written a "review" about a server but felt it was necessary. like it says in forums, "I can only speak for their dayz server and not any other servers or games that they play."
Lt. Maverick: Yes I understand that, did you at least try to discuss this on a personal note with other admins?
Syrian Soldier(SAA): you are co-owner you said?
Syrian Soldier(SAA): or just another admin?
Lt. Maverick: No sir, co-admin
Lt. Maverick: I have a very large say in the clan "so to speak"
Syrian Soldier(SAA): hah alright. well if you need anything else HMU on forums.
Syrian Soldier(SAA): see ya. good luck to you.
Lt. Maverick is now Offline.

As I said earlier, I am completely okay with discussing the problem here. As long as you co-operate and have answers to my counters, your argument stays valid. 

Thank you LT, i appreciate you trying to change things. Unfortunately, you have lost a few players. Like i said, i do not feel like engaging in any debate. I have put my experience here on the forums. I have never played with you IG. Never said anything about you. However i did talk to owner and he is mentioned above. Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Thank you LT, i appreciate you trying to change things. Unfortunately, you have lost a few players. Like i said, i do not feel like engaging in any debate. I have put my experience here on the forums. I have never played with you IG. Never said anything about you. However i did talk to owner and he is mentioned above. Cheers.

I do realize that you along with Jase will not be joining us any longer on HAF. That is okay, you are free to your own game time and playing. I am mainly doing this on behalf of HAF as a whole. I want the public to know that some of these facts may not be true and as bad as you think. By me saying that, I do not intend to "downplay" any of the said arguments above in any way. I would appreciate if we could discuss it more but if you would not like to any further, I would just like the public to know, check us out on your own behalf and don't base your decisions on this post. Thank for your time Mr. Bently and anyone who is to be reading this in the future. If anyone at all would like to discuss any issues with me, please do not hesitate to join onto our teamspeak @ haf.teamspeak3.com  Have a good day everyone.

Just now, Lt. Maverick said:

I do realize that you along with Jase will not be joining us any longer on HAF. That is okay, you are free to your own game time and playing. I am mainly doing this on behalf of HAF as a whole. I want to public to know that some of these facts may not be true and as bad as you think. By me saying that, I do not intend to "downplay" any of the said arguments above in any way. I would appreciate if we could discuss it more but if you would not like to any further, I would just like the public to know, check us out on your own behalf and don't base your decisions on this post. Thank for your time Mr. Bently and anyone who is to be reading this in the future. If anyone at all would like to discuss any issues with me, please do not hesitate to join onto our teamspeak @ haf.teamspeak3.com  Have a good day everyone.

"  I want to public to know that some of these facts may not be true and as bad as you think. " says alot coming from someone who has been absent for 5 days.

Just now, Bentley said:

"  I want to public to know that some of these facts may not be true and as bad as you think. " says alot coming from someone who has been absent for 5 days.

From me being absent for 5 days does say something. It has pro's and con's on both sides of the argument. By saying that, I was trying to prove a point of that I had no relations to anyone and any players as this was happening. After returning from my short vacation, I was greeted by this lovely issue of ours we have here. I did as best I could to get all sides of the story. After trying to receive your side, I was surprised to see you rudely leave teamspeak as I was in mid-conversation with you and saw that you had posted the link to this discussion directly before leaving. I feel you acted very quickly in this situation, which is okay, but I would just like to make sure our conversations are based only off of facts. 

Sure. Understandable. I would not waste my time here for nothing. With that being said. of course they are going to deny doing it.(abusing) All good. Just hoping nobody else wastes their time on there. I am sure you can try and make some changes in how admins act and the powers they have. Even the owner did not have that in mind. I tried talking to him about it. That being said, the few people that will see this thread, don't waste your time on servers like this. Talk to Gunner about it. I do not think someone who was absent for the whole time has much of a place in trying to redeem some people to join back. Also, lying about me blocking you on steam will get you nowhere in underplaying what i carefully wrote about on here.

1 minute ago, Bentley said:

Sure. Understandable. I would not waste my time here for nothing. With that being said. of course they are going to deny doing it.(abusing) All good. Just hoping nobody else wastes their time on there. I am sure you can try and make some changes in how admins act and the powers they have. Even the owner did not have that in mind. I tried talking to him about it. That being said, the few people that will see this thread, don't waste your time on servers like this. Talk to Gunner about it. I do not think someone who was absent for the whole time has much of a place in trying to redeem some people to join back. Also, lying about me blocking you on steam will get you nowhere in underplaying what i carefully wrote about on here.

Just because I have been absent for the past 5 days, does not mean that I don't know how our servers operate. I have a very good understanding that admin abuse may have been involved in this situation although like I said earlier, I tried discussing that with you before you rudely left and I was genuinely trying to get your true side of the story. I feel that if you had actually taken the time to figure this out on a small-scale level, you wouldn't have had to use all your time to post this here. And for clarifications sake, I was not aware if you had blocked me or unfriended me on steam, since they both appear to the blocked/unfriended person in the same manor. I acted too quickly to say that you had blocked me, and I didn't take the time to see if you truly had or not.

Just now, Bentley said:

I do not want to Discuss anything with anybody, that is why i posted this here. Easy, simple, no manipulators, no interruptions. end of story. 

The "simple" fact is that if you do not wish to discuss anything with anyone, why would you post this in the first place, knowing that we would come here to defend ourselves? You blatantly posted this into our teamspeak channel. Were you hoping we would read it and think nothing of it? No, that is not how we operate at HAF and we want the best for our players which is why I am taking up my evening (when I could be studying for finals) to help you with this problem. If you did not wish to discuss this, I would say that you should have posted this without us knowing...

With that said, I would like to get some sleep tonight, as it is very late here. If you would like to discuss anything any further, you may have a more clear mind on this problem in the morning, which is why I am going to sleep. Have a good day/night and I truly hope you have a good time on any other server you find of the ArmA Series.

After it was posted, i linked it to you. I do not want to deal with you or any of the other members anymore. You have every right to "defend" your server and your "admins". I also have every right to write down my personal experience on the server. I spent a good amount of time typing it. Just take it as a learning experience. Learn from it, fix it.  I will have a good time where there are no abusive admins, thanks.

Hello Bentley,

I would just like to ask as to why you're coming across as if you're against people from the United Kingdom. I've noticed this from your post adding my location like it's supposed to be an insult of some kind. 
You also refused to talk to myself when you asked both me and ConArtist to chat over recent behaviour and clear the air, and the only reason being because of being British. If this is the case, this is a whole other matter. 

In terms of yourself stating and I quote: 
"I heard them saying things like "what are we gonna say when they ask how we got in here?" Another responded by saying that: "we can just make something up like we will say 
we stole his key and that when we came here the safe was unlocked."" This was in terms of both myself and ConArtist receiving help from another player within the server that aided us 
in this information. I believe you are mistaken in thinking that we would go to the extent of abusing our powers in order to raid a base of its supplies and ruin the experience. As you previously mentioned, we are bandits and 
our intention is to create tension amongst the server to keep people on their feet. Administrator powers are not used to make ourselves better than others on the server as it's clearly unfair and will ruin the experience for everyone.

In terms of how you came across to the staff of HAF, you were very disrespectful as well as being against everything we said which was unnecessary. You instantly didn't trust us to which you shouldn't of felt the need to stay if you 
had felt this way, but I can assure you, all work done by the staff of HAF has been done legitametly. 

If you have any other concerns, feel free to join our teamspeak and we can talk. 
I hope to hear from you soon and that you have a good rest of your day,
    yours sincerely,
        Bam (From the UK)
        Administrator for HAF

You do realize only half of this was about your server? The first half talks about what has been happening to most game servers. I find it pretty amusing the lengths these "admins" are going to defend themselves.  I was offered moderator by gunner, i respectfully declined because i do not want to be apart of an abusive staff. Also, you call me disrespectful because i called you out. When you got called out you got very angered. I was in the teamspeak the whole time, i heard everything. Good luck to you and your little server. You have lost some playerbase.

You will not be hearing from me or basser again. We do not want to deal with admins banditing, admins teleporting, admins repairing their vehicles with powers, admins who cannot legitimately earn the supplies they get, untruthful admins & incompetent server owner.

That being said, you did not even have an account on here until i posted this. You guys are new to arma and it is only natural you guys need to use powers to maybe learn to play. Some of you do not even know how to build a cinderblock wall. Just shows you spawned things in. I am not gonna debate with you. Me and my friend and i am sure players in the future will be upset in the future when they find out how things work there.

Hi bentley. I have been keeping up with this topic and i am gonna have to agree with you on this, admins who do that are lame. I am really really new to the game and am actually looking for new servers to join and i also do not know how to download new maps and play on them. I was wondering if you could please help me on finding a good server and teach me how to install the new maps? I created a topic if you can respond to that. 

Hello Bentley,

This discussion will be discontinued soon by HAF due to not wanting to go down to your level of immaturity from what you've been stating throughout. 
The information you have stated which has apparently come from Administrators of HAF has been twisted to insinuate us abusing powers. 

In terms of yourself stating "You called me out" that was not the case, I returned after doing something personal to immediately find yourself being rude to me after blaring down the mic at my fellow Admin which was very unnecessary. 

You are also predicting that members of Heavily-Armed-Forces are new to ArmA and that it's natural for us to use powers to learn to play. My fellow staff members excluding myself have a large amount of experience and we refuse to "naturally" use Admin powers to play as it clearly ruins the experience. 

As a whole we realize how you have created this topic to anger members of HAF which is why this shall be discontinued as we see you cannot talk in a mature manner. We wish yourself and Basser all the best for the future. 

15 hours ago, Ayy_Lmao said:

Hi bentley. I have been keeping up with this topic and i am gonna have to agree with you on this, admins who do that are lame. I am really really new to the game and am actually looking for new servers to join and i also do not know how to download new maps and play on them. I was wondering if you could please help me on finding a good server and teach me how to install the new maps? I created a topic if you can respond to that. 

Welcome to ArmA 2 Ayy_Lmao! I wish you all the best. Please keep in mind that what has been said is very one-sided and that Bentley's intentions are to make the server look bad. 

I hope you enjoy your experience with Epoch!

Yours sincerely,

Bam (Still from the UK)

Hello, I have been on the server since it switched to OverPoch, and not once have I seen the admins abuse powers. The only thing I have seen them do is give comp for bugs, IE. a heli spawning in a building when they bought it, so they reimburse the briefcases, or teleporting to people who are new to the server to say hello and welcome them.

One more thing I should note is that when Bentley joined the server with his friend he proceeded to leave him and play with the admins. We will miss having BigBasser on the server, and I sincerely hope that you would come back and give it a shot.

PS. it doesn't take long to get a base set up like theirs when you are the only people raiding the missions that spawn.

From reading what bentley said, it is stated that YOU bam, was 1 of the main abusers. I find you kind of smug for even trying to defend your position here, seeing that you are not even the owner. I have been keeping up with this topic for a few days now, this is GOLD. how is Bentley immature for posting on the forums? it appears he took his time of what he was looking for in the server then joined yours just to see admins abusing. I kind of think he did the right thing in writing it here. however i am not so sure it belongs in off topic but idk where else he would post it. i am new here myself.

On 1/11/2016 at 10:07 PM, Bentley said:

After it was posted, i linked it to you. I do not want to deal with you or any of the other members anymore. You have every right to "defend" your server and your "admins". I also have every right to write down my personal experience on the server. I spent a good amount of time typing it. Just take it as a learning experience. Learn from it, fix it.  I will have a good time where there are no abusive admins, thanks.

and ya i even if they were, which i do not have many doubts that they were abusing...they should just fix it rather than keep denying it. anyways, that is my take on reading all of this.