Black Lake Castle

MaxPowers

• 2 weeks later...

where would you place this as OP stated

_this setVehicleInit "this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,((getpos this select 2) + 2)]; this setVectorUp [0,0,+0.1]";

would this just go into the mission init.sqf file? i dont see how this would effect the building?

• 3 weeks later...

just out of curiosity has anyone found a way to make it not all messed up i love this castle and would love to use it but i get the same as everyone else all messed up.

What hosting company do you use? This is the problem with this sqf file most of the objects have a setVectorUp code in the init field to keep things level. I had this on my HFB hosted server and it worked fine all of the time. I think this is the issue. When I moved it over to my vilayer hosted server things got all FUBAR due to the fact that vilayer unpacks and repacks the mission and server PBO's at restart and when you shut down the server this seems to effect anything that is in the init field. At this point there is no fix for this. My best advice for you is not to use it.

• 5 months later...

Guys this looks awesome, has been a long time since the original post, I can't believe noone copy & pasted this 'wonderful looking sometimes abstract' castle to a flat location yet. If you have done so please share so we can all have cool admin castles over/by the lake. Thanks!

Normally I don't share my customizations because they are what makes my server unique, but this custom building is the best custom building I've seen to date, so I will share my admin zone so it can benefit others. 

Here's how you can set up a zone that only allows certain players in. I created this as an admin only zone.

<snip>

I may not get a working version of this castle but I'll use this code somewhere else surely. Thanks for sharing your way of keeping it zombie&player-safe.

• 2 months later...