Arma 2 or Arma 3 Epoch?

MartinisGod

Arma 2 Or Arma 3 Epoch?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make my Epoch server on Arma 2 or Arma 3?

• Arma 2 Epoch/Overwatch
    • Arma 3 Epoch/Overwatch

Hello! So I want to make a new Epoch/Overwatch server. I'm not sure if I want to make it on Arma 2 or Arma 3. On DayzLauncher I see that there are quite a bit of Epoch servers that are highly populated on the other hand Arma 3 servers on A3Launcher seem less populated. I'm not sure on what game it's worth to make it on. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions you have for me. If you can vote on the poll as well. 

Also I'm looking for a affordable host for Arma 2/Arma 3 to run the Epoch server on! If you know any comment below!

Do both .. one of each .. see which gives you more traffic.. but over all 3 is easier in many ways from admin point of view.. both are a blast .. I go back and forth between them, my fav for a2 is the overpoch, origins aka ovepochins . Making the server unique is best .. dont just copy cat every other server out there. customize the map, ai city invasions with custom loot crates and not just the mod that adds city invasions.. make it different unique.. give players a reason to come back and make yours a favorite hangout.

Is there really a need for another Epoch server that will be closed after 1 month? No idea how many people still play A2 Epoch, but I would guess less than people playing A3... Either way, not sugarcoating it, there's no demand for yet another Epoch server unless it is gonna be pure vanilla and has a clan of 10 regular people who will populate the server at least for a month.

As I only have a laptop at present and can't play Arma3 I have gone back to playing Arma 2 DayZ Epoch and whilst it is a maturer mod and I pretty well know how to avoid the remaining bugs and issues, it is for me just not as satisfying a game to play as the Epoch mod for Arma 3 playing as a lone wolf.

The zombies are no threat, whilst the antagonists in A3 Epoch are a challenge to avoid and more of a challenge to dispatch.

The use of the player driven economy where what is looted is what is available is  just right, with the ability to trade in items unwanted or surplus to requirements, and a small hope of actually finding what you need/want to buy in their place being dependent on others selling.

The advances in the building are encouraging and new items due in future leave much hope for the full mod after alpha.

MartinisGod would I play on your Arma 2 Dayz Epoch server yes but only whilst I could not play Arma 3. 

In your stats if you take a mean count it is only 2.75 players per Arma 2 DayZ Epoch server and 2.5 players per Arma 3 Epoch server not much difference in players per server in either mod at the time you took screen shot. 

As has been said before having a community first that you know plays together could help keep either choice viable, then it is down to good management of the server to keep it populated.

Also these forums are an invaluable source for answers to scripts and coding issues for both mods, just take time to browse other sections or do specific searches on topics that interest you.

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, blueman said:

I didn't know Epoch was available for ARMA 3. Is it?

Where ya been to miss that ? It's been on A3 for a very long time now, around August 2014 give or take.

To the OP, for me I liked both, A2 was more simple, A3 has a lot more to offer, both great in their own ways.

Yeah Really! Not sure what happened. You've made me feel like Rip Van Winkle now.  :huh:
Probably, read several years ago, that no one was going to make it for A3, so I stopped looking. :blush:

Nice! So are all the Epoch mods available for A3? Was really interested back then, in Epoch Origins, and Overpoch. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, blueman said:

Nice! So are all the Epoch mods available for A3? Was really interested back then, in Epoch Origins, and Overpoch. :biggrin:

A3 Epoch brought a lot of new goodies and scripts, new terrains and all sorts of things, have fun exploring.