Revive

IReeceI

Yo, been a long time, hows it all going ? Just wondering is there any plans for a revival of Epoch ? Still dying to get back into it :( but seems Exile has taken over all the servers now :( is A3 showing all Epoch servers ? as there seems to be not very many at all :( 

how are the updates coming along started to see a few little ones lately, any ideas if Ryanszombies works with Epoch ? 

Cheers guys !! 

Plenty of great improvements in building and UI and of course hints of plenty more to come. Some servers are using Ryan's Zombies as an add on but there are reports that it is hard to get it to work. 

Epoch still has much more playability than other survival mods out there. But there  is a lot out there for people to play especially with big AAA titles...Hop on a server and play start your own revival and spread the good word.

is A3 showing all Epoch servers

5 hours ago, IReeceI said:

Yo, been a long time, hows it all going ? Just wondering is there any plans for a revival of Epoch ? Still dying to get back into it :( but seems Exile has taken over all the servers now :( is A3 showing all Epoch servers ? as there seems to be not very many at all :( 

how are the updates coming along started to see a few little ones lately, any ideas if Ryanszombies works with Epoch ? 

Cheers guys !! 

what's the point in having 1000 empty servers? Would you play on everyone of them, nobody needs 1000 servers, that's why their lifetime is exactly 1 month (usually shorter)? There are enough servers, sure most of them empty but there are handful of full servers, the best one being MGT servers (I'm not affiliated with them and do not play there lol). Less servers, more people playing together instead of their stupid "clan servers" alone.

So why would you need many servers? It is not like people do not have a choice from 200 servers but have tons of choice with 1000 servers, they do not scroll down past first 10 servers :D  Majority of them were always empty either way. I argued here since the beginning of joining Epoch forums - quality over quantity. There is a lack of populated vanilla servers, that's for sure.

Other than that, people migrated to Exile because of easier gameplay. Both teams of developers work hard to make a good mod, Epoch and Exile, yet their ideas and directions they take are different like day and night. So people found something they want more.

8 hours ago, KPABATOK said:

is A3 showing all Epoch servers

what's the point in having 1000 empty servers? Would you play on everyone of them, nobody needs 1000 servers, that's why their lifetime is exactly 1 month (usually shorter)? There are enough servers, sure most of them empty but there are handful of full servers, the best one being MGT servers (I'm not affiliated with them and do not play there lol). Less servers, more people playing together instead of their stupid "clan servers" alone.

So why would you need many servers? It is not like people do not have a choice from 200 servers but have tons of choice with 1000 servers, they do not scroll down past first 10 servers :D  Majority of them were always empty either way. I argued here since the beginning of joining Epoch forums - quality over quantity. There is a lack of populated vanilla servers, that's for sure.

Other than that, people migrated to Exile because of easier gameplay. Both teams of developers work hard to make a good mod, Epoch and Exile, yet their ideas and directions they take are different like day and night. So people found something they want more.

What I mean is, everytime I look, there is like 2 server sthat are full, then about 10 servers with less than 20 players, then rest are Zero players, 

I have a bad feeling Epoch wont be getting back to where it was :'( and that hurts, most servers are using exile for now, and tbf they do update more often, and add alot of stuff on each update, just like what players want :( it makes me sad to say that ! 

Well if this is what players want, you can't force them switch back to Epoch. I don't think though it is because of the lack of progress related to Epoch mod, updates are coming steady almost each month. It is, in my opinion of course, related to gameplay of Exile - you die there and can very quickly re-gear back, there are no penalties, you can not lose your money and it is easy to get money (just sell 10 guns or few cars and buy high-end gear, no need to loot for it). Also you get points, people love points. And on top of that you get striders, thermal scopes (which from what I have read on Exile forums, devs gonna remove soon by default).

Epoch will be alive as long as developers don't ditch it and keep on improving stuff. Now they got another headache - patch 1.54 which broke original Epoch stamina system and brought us absolutely sickening weapon sway and resting gun on bipod does not seem to help at all. Though partially these issues were fixed by other modders, but I suspect Epoch will make their own fix/work around this. Time will tell.

You are correct, we got 2-3 servers which are more or less full and then 10-20 servers with less than 20 people and then a huge list with empty servers. But if people have money to keep their constantly empty servers, I see no big issue here, not my money, not my waste :)

Old players gone, new ones come all the time. As there are massive amount of other mods available, the player base always gonna be spread out and sometimes leaning towards one specific mod more than the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Player stats and forums activity says it all. it's a shame as ive been playing this since 2 months before release, but really has failed to keep up with the survival expectations, as other mods/games have filled it's place. the only thing that would save epoch is to start the mod from scratch or start a different project altogether, as i can't see you winning players back with that building and traders system, and mod breaking bugs. and evey youtuber/streamer i know IRL thinks the same, non of them can imagine spending time using that building system ever again.

Epoch imo is very different than Exile.  If all you want is pvp, quick and easy loot...Exile might be your cup o tea.  Frankly, Epoch is just more interesting and fun.  The build system has come a long way...the looting system is well done with great models...and has built in antagonists that add to the depth of the mod.

The developers are quick to add fixes and implement new features to Epoch that seem well recieved.  I noticed a slight shift in players going to Exile when it initially came out...something new I presume.  But over the last month or so I've seen a growing number of Epoch players on our server as well as an increase in returning regulars players

Really, the only two things I liked about Exile is the default halo spawn in and random bicycles...thats about it.

Epoch FTW...my 002.