No more vehicles spawning

Infinity

Question

Howdy,

Where is it defined what items in the database are vehicles and what items are buildables? Because my server only has 200 vehicles while the max limit is 600. Though in my RPT log it says I have that x10

0:03:30 "HIVE: got 3886 Epoch Objects and 2063 Vehicles" 
 but that's bull ... Anyone out there who could help me out? :) (And no I won't change my max vehicle limit to 2500 XD)

Help would be appreciated :D

6 answers to this question

10 hours ago, 3steN8igall said:

in arma not all "vehicles" are cars!

it means all movable objects like doors, plotpole, safe,........

but the "vehicle limit" in init.sqf is only for cars/helis

Well apparently not, otherwise I would have 600 vehicles on the map and not 200. *yes, cars/heli's, doh* I removed 549 destroyed vehicles from the database and guess what; still no new vehicles spawned.

Yes, in fact: I just tripled amount of vehicles in dynamicvehicle.sqf, upping it from 800 vehicles to 2400, yet it only spawned 1 new vehicle after this restart. There used to be well over 600 vehicles on the map, but over time, it never spawned fresh ones. I just had a look in the DB and currently only have ~200 unlocked/fresh vehicles on the map (which remained from the first time vehicles were spawned, a long time ago). The DB does in fact have something to do with the vehicle limit, if a vehicle (damage equals 1) remains in the DB, no fresh ones will replace them but yeah, that's already been taken care off. That's also why I asked about the Hive because that seems like the only thing that's preventing fresh vehicles from spawning.

0:03:30 "HIVE: got 3886 Epoch Objects and 2063 Vehicles" 

EDIT: also - I'm getting no errors in my RPT what so ever about the vehicles.

Infistar indicates total of ~500 alive vehicles (locked/unlocked) and ~850 'vehicles' (all combined - including some buildings). I just want a consistent amount of 600 fresh vehicles on my server, I don't want the server to count and include locked vehicles and buildings. I don't want to keep changing the max vehicle limit just to get the desired amount of fresh vehicles, it's bull - lets say I set the max limit to 1000 vehicles to keep up with locked vehicles/buildings and I remove old/locked vehicles, guess what will happen: the amount of fresh vehicles will go WAY over my preferred limit of 600 but because I had to set it to 1000, it will now spawn in almost twice as much. It just doesn't make sense why the devs set it up like that.