Problem with manual D/L + DayZ Launcher

mdiesel_

Hey guys,

I did a manual download of DayZ_Epoch from the website.  I've tried a lot of different things to be able to play.  I moved the Epoch folder into my A2OA folder, tried a manual run with the command line in the launch options.  Then I decided to try out DayZ Launcher.  DZLauncher keeps asking me to re D/L the file, which I refuse to do.  I deleted the partial downloads, and even uninstalled DZL completely.  I tried renaming the Epoch folder to @DayZEpoch1501 and moving it back and forth between the A2OA folder and the DZLauncher folder, while reopening DZLauncher each time.  DZL did not recognize it.  I'm out of ideas.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Marshall_D

Go to were your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder is, Place the @DayZ_Epoch1051 there if yous is called @DayZ_Epoch just rename it. Now Open dayzlauncher and verify the install, it is going to be broken mine was and so was all my friend's dayzlauncher will fix it. You should only take a few min. after it installs verify then to run open the dayzlauncher go to advanced select DayZ Epoch click add that will enable the mod then click launch, once you get into the game go to multiplayer then find a server

For a fail proof way of getting into any server, use a bat file

This is what i use to launch in all the servers, all you need to know is the ip, port and mods they use.

@echo off
echo ===============================
echo Server Join Batch
echo ===============================
echo JOINING SERVER IN .....
timeout 3

::===============================================================================================================================================
::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set arma2oapath=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=123.456.789.222
:: Server Port 
set PORT=2302
:: Required Mods [ Ex. @DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Namalsk ]
set MODS=@dayz_overwatch;@dayz_epoch;  
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================

::===============================================================================================================================================
:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%arma2oapath%\ArmA2OA_BE.exe" 0 0 -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;"

@exit

- Set your path correctly to your arma 2 and arma 2 OA folder

- Enter the IP and Port to the server you want to connect to

- Make sure the mods the server uses are in the set MODS=@dayz_overwatch;@dayz_epoch;    << this part just make sure the name of the folder in your arma 2 OA folder matches the mod in the bat file.

so if the mod in your arma 2 folder is called @imlearning 

then this line goes like so

set MODS=@imlearning

copy the above code in the spoiler and paste it into a text file, save it as "my_favorite_server.bat" then double click the file, it should launch you straight into the server.

You can copy the bat file, change the ip port and mods to connect to any server

• 4 weeks later...

I have my own bat files I use to connect to servers but they stopped working after this update. 

As for dayz launcher.. try following these instructions. They're for CCG launcher but they also work for dayz launcher (since CCG made dayz launcher).

http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9508-transfer-mods-to-ccg-launcher-from-another-location/

10 hours ago, DangerRuss said:

I have my own bat files I use to connect to servers but they stopped working after this update. 

As for dayz launcher.. try following these instructions. They're for CCG launcher but they also work for dayz launcher (since CCG made dayz launcher).

http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9508-transfer-mods-to-ccg-launcher-from-another-location/

if you revert the latest arma 2 corepatch, the bat file works again.  I sure hope maca can figure out what they did and fix the query for his launcher because alot of server owners are having a hard time now.  The server checker keeps crashing on me.

This is how you revert the update

Right click on Arma 2 OA in steam > Properties > Betas Tab, then click on the drop down. Select legacy in the drop down.

Wait for the download to complete, restart steam and its like the update never happened (on your end anyways).

GL

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2016 at 3:02 AM, theduke said:

if you revert the latest arma 2 corepatch, the bat file works again.  I sure hope maca can figure out what they did and fix the query for his launcher because alot of server owners are having a hard time now.  The server checker keeps crashing on me.

This is how you revert the update

Right click on Arma 2 OA in steam > Properties > Betas Tab, then click on the drop down. Select legacy in the drop down.

Wait for the download to complete, restart steam and its like the update never happened (on your end anyways).

GL

When I click the drop down, nothing happens. There is nothing else to select via the dropdown for me....

2 hours ago, DangerRuss said:

When I click the drop down, nothing happens. There is nothing else to select via the dropdown for me....

Dont click on arma 2 OA beta, click on arma 2 OA...in steam...

as for the steam parameters.  Maca made a post in on the bohemia site, in the corepatch thread, showing what needed to be changed, but i was not able to figure it out with that info.  

its along the lines of what you just posted

On 1/24/2016 at 0:05 PM, theduke said:

Dont click on arma 2 OA beta, click on arma 2 OA...in steam...

as for the steam parameters.  Maca made a post in on the bohemia site, in the corepatch thread, showing what needed to be changed, but i was not able to figure it out with that info.  

its along the lines of what you just posted

Correct. in steam I select Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.. I go to the properties tab and then the betas tab and there is no drop down. I mean the "drop down" is there but when you click it there is nothing else to select.  It simply says "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"  and there is nothing else to choose.