Arma3 1.54 update

Sneer

Impossible to use rangefinder at all, it has a sway as if the child suffering from Alzheimer was holding it, not a man. It is all over the screen moving like crazy, same stuff is in DayZ SA. I suspect these devs work in tandem :D

Also I had carrier GL rig, when I hovered with a cursor on it, it told "no armor". So I have most armored vest in game and it tells me otherwise, though should report it to bugs.

BI said about a week ago it would be another 2-3 weeks if I am not mistaken. Either way with the family down for Thanksgiving I have not had the time to test 1.54 with Epoch the way I normally do. 

ATM everything is back to normal for the most part so I will be able to spend some time this week fixing bugs so we can address these issues and or report them to BI.

17 hours ago, vbawol said:

BI said about a week ago it would be another 2-3 weeks if I am not mistaken. Either way with the family down for Thanksgiving I have not had the time to test 1.54 with Epoch the way I normally do. 

ATM everything is back to normal for the most part so I will be able to spend some time this week fixing bugs so we can address these issues and or report them to BI.

Fam first man. 

Got on for about 5 minutes then logged off.

Not interested in playing in it's current state.

IF I wanted to experience all this life like sh|t I'd go join the military instead of playing a video game.  BI is going overboard on realism.

Now the modding community has to play "Fix the shit BI broke" once again. If it stayed the way it currently is you could watch Epoch servers drop every hour.  

SO much for being a military sim that has tuff military characters that can hold their own.. BI turned them into pussies who can't even hold a third of a backpack with a few mags and couple of cans of drink/food.. Must of modeled the A3 characters abilities after the staff at BI... bunch of wimps.

nah dont be that harsh to Bis

Few things u cant just run with 400 pounds and do a 900 feet in 10sec , also if u on the heavy side u see that items 'r white and u have to move them in to inventory by hand (swipe 'm in the bag)

And yes few things need a real adjustment u do a short dash of 100ft then u dont sway your weapon as if its a paintbrush going from left/right and by accident also sign the ceiling

Why not well u dont smoke u did excersze frequently and yes u was going downhill , in that case u dont need a pause of 10 min to get your aim right (right u know what i mean)

So dwarden and co need a good christmas lots of booze and some merry whatssoever (me to just 21 days counting)

So iam on 1.54 keeping low profile on a hilltop and just got flamed by 3 guys that got a headshot

Well one thing is certain, new stamina/ weapon sway system do not work with Epoch mod. Because it is all about looting and carrying 4 cinder blocks in your backpack. If you can not carry cinder, how people are gonna build bases? You can't even carry WOOD since it is too heavy and thus, you chop wood, get 10 lumber packs and you have to put them somewhere because if you get more lumberpacks, you won't be able to run and will have to slowly walk 2 km to your stash/lockbox/safe to secure the wood you chopped. Basebuilding, main feature of Epoch, would be gone.

So one of the "fixes" would be disabling the weight of all items except guns. Then you would be able to carry 4 cinder blocks and sprint, but won't be able to sprint if you have lynx in your backpack. But no idea if this would be possible and would not cause other issues.

For now I play on legacy version 1.52 as server admin showed that he has some brains and did not update his server as soon as patch was released. Good for him.

Weapon sway: noticed that no matter you are fatigued or not, stand still or not, you may even lay prone - you still won't be able to shoot (or use rangefinder) straight since your overall gear weight affects weapon sway (or at least this is what I experienced first time). It is obviously broken since your weight should have absolutely no effect on your sway, but it does. If it was real life, there would be no fat people because they would sway the fork all over the face and wouldn't not be able to eat because couldn't carry food from a plate to the mouth.

Ideally, new stamina/sway system should be tweaked so much that would allow to normally enjoy the Epoch mod (being able to run with full backpack of wood or 4 cinder blocks) and won't cause weapon sway even if you were not running for the past 10 minutes. Otherwise, even shooting sappers would be impossible, literally. And someone suggested they like it? I'm on a fence, but I die from time to time to regular sappers too (mainly due to stupid mistakes)... Since they have a habit of exploding even when you shoot them dead. Fast sappers without balancing their current high armour levels would be overkill in my humble opinion. But it wouldn't be as game-breaking as current stamina system for sure.

To sum it up, new stamina isn't for Epoch. It may fit to campaign or campaign style missions and mods which are all about realism and war and tactics. I do not put Epoch in this category at all apart from having intense battles sometimes.

Have been playing on the latest experimental. The stamina system has improved. I ran around fully loaded M107, satchels, cinders, mortor, scrap metals....etc and was able to sprint a good 400-600 yards before becoming encumbered. And building up my stamina with soda's I was even able to go a little longer. That weapon sway though. I was in the Army and doing drills we never swayed that much unless we partied the night before. And even then it never got that bad. Ok a few times it might have. But it would have to have been one hell of a night. 

Forgot to mention, Robio reminded. Epoch has its own stamina system with drinks, and it conflicts with 1.54 since your debug shows you have 200 stamina, yet you start sprinting and instantly slow walk because "too heavy". So yeah, it make little sense then to try to get higher stamina since it would have no effect on how long you can run. Unless you are completely naked and how many people stay naked when they reach 200 stamina? By that time they already have full backpack of gear and 2 guns at least.

Maybe.. just an idea, make this stamina bar go down much faster if you are super heavy and have 4 cinders in backpack. Similarly as it has been made with thirst going down about 2 times faster if you have stamina bellow 100.

Also it should be possible to recover from this fatigued situation faster too, to make it balanced and enjoyable to play this futuristic looting simulator. For example, not 0.5 points every second, but 2 or 5 points of stamina (back to previous default stamina value that you had before you started sprinting).

For instance, you have 200 stamina, put bunch of stuff in your backpack, 4 cinder blocks, pick up navid with 2 mags and bunch of crap inside your vest, decide to sprint. You will be able to run 2km non-stop before reaching 0 stamina. Then have to stay still for 1-2 minutes for your stamina bar to reach back 200 value again and then sprint again.

And 2km sprint isn't much. With previous system you could run about 4-5 km if you have 200 stamina. Maybe even more. Another idea, make hunger/thirst go down much faster if you sprint. Since currently it has no effect (I think). So you would have to eat drink more if you want to sprint for more than 300 meters with full backpack etc.

Aren't we clones in Epoch specially brewed in vats, and infused with nano-bots, to give us a fighting chance in the post apocalyptic environment! I do hope that means the devs, as awol has hinted at, can work around BIS stamina/fatigue and bring back Epoch's own system which perfectly suited the story and game play style: surviving longer meaning the ability to store more stamina and combat fatigue, whilst still fighting off the harsh environs where toxicity is also a threat as are the custom antagonists.

Really hoping that balance can be achieved.

Well I guess for you server owners who need players.. Turn off the fatigue system and extreme gun "I'm drunk as f**k" sway system.. put it in your server title and you'll have more players than ever before.

I wonder how a 2km run goes with 2 cinders and 2 mortars in your backpack.. probably not so good.

And to say players shouldn't do that just limits game play extremely.  Base building alone is seriously affected by these new undesirable mechanics.

9 hours ago, Robio said:

yes, but as you can see, your sway becomes quite terrible as it is still affected by the imaginary weight. Have you tried testing sway with full backpack and stamina and without running at all? I expect it would be the same. If not, then how long does it take for your sway to normalize or is it permanent 1.54 feature to have a sway like this all the time?

On legacy version system, your sway in Epoch was present but it was in no way so big that you couldn't hit (point crosshair on his body and hold for at least 2 seconds) a person while yourself crouching 300 meters away and holding breath. Now it seems that no matter what you do, the sway is the same.

P.S. update screwed up armour values for vests, clothes and helmets too, but that seems just random bug. My issue with how a character reacts when staying still with full backpack and after running 5k with full backpack. It acts the same, as he was hit by a car and can't aim straight anymore.