Epoch 0.3.5.053 and Armaupdate 1.54

Scorpi

Had to delete arma 3 and install again just to be able to get the update. Apparently, 8 GB of free space on disk was not enough for Bugemia. So as I see, new stamina features carried over to Epoch somehow. It used to be Epoch specific, if I am not mistaken. I mean, Epoch had their own system and disabled the old vanilla arma 3 stamina. Now we will see how this plays out... As I always carry at least 4 cinder blocks :D

P.S. ok it is literally now uplayable. Or maybe it has overridden the default Epoch settings or something, you can not carry no guns no cinder in your backpack or else you get 100 percent fatigue. Also when you move with no backpack, it shows normal default Epoch stamina and then fatigue at 50 percent. Kinda conflicting and doesn't work for such gameplay (ability to carry few guns in backpack, or 4 cinder blocks). Hopefully it will be disabled just like good old arma 3 stamina that was prior to this.

Aiming now/holding breath is almost as bad as in DayZ SA, as the crosshair moves in all directions, you press hold breath, it starts moving slower but still, it feels worse than before.

1 hour ago, dennis_stk said:

Thats not so bad, it works so.

Ah bigger problem is the new weight system from Arma 3. You cant run fast when you are overloaded. The weights from Epoch are too high. Sapper are running like wild Bastards. Very fast. xD

oops. 

2 hours ago, dennis_stk said:

Thats not so bad, it works so.

Ah bigger problem is the new weight system from Arma 3. You cant run fast when you are overloaded. The weights from Epoch are too high. Sapper are running like wild Bastards. Very fast. xD

The gear weight effect is confirmed on our server.  As soon as players drop their backpack or vest, they can run again.  There's a bar in upper right corner under thirst/hunger warning icons that goes red when encumbered. 

Anyone else getting loads of errors in their rpt file?:

20:52:49 Error in expression <HitFace max HitNeck>
20:52:49   Error position: <HitFace max HitNeck>
20:52:49   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitface
20:52:49 Error compiling 'HitFace max HitNeck' in 'HitHead'
20:52:49 Error in expression <HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphrag>
20:52:49   Error position: <HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphrag>
20:52:49   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitpelvis
20:52:49 Error compiling 'HitPelvis max HitAbdomen max HitDiaphragm max HitChest' in 'HitBody'
20:52:49 Error in expression <HitArms>
20:52:49   Error position: <HitArms>
20:52:49   Error Undefined variable in expression: hitarms
20:52:49 Error compiling 'HitArms' in 'HitHands'

I think I have an insight to the weight / fatigue issue.  I removed all gear but my rifle and my weight bar was at 1/3, (I'll try it with out my rifle too) to me it looks like the individual weights of items ( Arma items ) are grossly too high. As to the Sapper High speed would that be related to its weight?  and out of curiosity are sappers Ai or Vehicles? If this issue is what I suspect its a BI issue with individual Item weights that was over looked.

8 hours ago, BlackhatEspeed said:

Seems like the NPC's are broken as well, whenever I try and talk to one they just turn their back to me, I press "I" & "T" and it's not working at all.

Also, yes the sappers are running like banshees.

Interaction is now unified under spacebar (rebind in esc > epoch configurator > action menu)

On 01/12/2015, 16:53:45, Scorpi said:

INFO:

Yeh, param command is broken. We use it to redefine values if input is wrong ... literary to avoid this exact error... irony at it's best lol

Maybe to make it more balanced, their armour should could be reduced by 50 percent or so. Now it takes like 5-6 shots from SPMG to kill normal sapper (2 lynx rounds). Ideally it should be like 1 lynx shot or 2-3 shots from DLC gun and 5-6 from 7.62 caliber, don't know, just an idea. Then again, I do not see it as super big problem at the moment, but haven't tested myself yet, only saw on other people's streams.

Something also seems to have happened with some of the object weights, or whatever is used to decide how much will fit in a container.

eg I have one crate with 10 x m107 in it, and it shows as about 50% full, whilst a crate with 10 x Lynx is showing as 100% full.

I guess that this will also effect how the stamina system will behave if you carry the objects.