The reason I moved away from hosting Vanilla Dayz..

MatthewK

The reason I moved away from hosting Vanilla DayZ was because of the shitty community and their handful of developers who kept changing stuff even against the majority vote. Their attitude of "do as we like it done, or piss off" was constantly losing me days and weeks of work, as they'd keep changing something that didn't need changing and removing something without giving us the option of turning it back on. They ignore the hundreds of posts from server owners asking how to turn a feature back on, or turn an addition off. It's like they couldn't give a shit about you, they want to play the game their way and you must to.

Now it looks like Epoch is going the same way and to be frank with you I've lost my faith in this community too now. I know I'll get flamed and trolled for this, but I'm sure others are thinking the same thing. Epoch developers need to stop forcing us into their ideals of how the game is played, forcing some admins to spend weeks fixing stuff back that worked perfectly fine before the updates, ruining hours of even weeks of coding time just so they can remove something that nobody asked to be removed ....

I don't see any thread on here where anyone as asked for the Notes option in the top upper left of the map to be removed. Not only has that f'ked up my tasks system that players use on my server, but its also just ruined 3 days of struggling to get the diary feature to update with mission announcements.. It's a feature that lets my players check what missions have run or are running without having to write them down ...

Like I said, I know I'll get flamed and trolled for this. Couldn't give a toss to be honest, I know there are people here who feel the same way and I know you wish the devs would focus more on important stuff and less on these unnecessary tweaks that nobody in this community (other than them maybe) have asked for..

If you don't care for other oppinions why bother posting?

Anyways.. i can't agree with you as i fully understand the recent changes to the game.

Also,its their mod so why shouldnt they make it as they intended it to be?

I never said I don't care about others opinions, I said I don't care about being trolled and flamed. There's a difference. Maybe you can list the reasons why you understand the recent changes? Start by explaining to me how removing the information in the top left of the map improves the game for example, then explain all those other changes like dust and fog clouds..

When dealing with a mod of a mod this type of thing is to be expected.

I would be interested in finding any mod where the developers don't develop the game around their ideals of how the game is supposed to be played. 

Maybe make a survey only system where all game developments are democratically implemented by community vote.  It would be full of holes and take much longer to implement updates but at least the Mod Developers would have no say in their mod and just develop based off what the ever changing playerbase wants for that month.

Is that what you are looking for?

The problem anymore is that the developers have their vision and direction for Epoch, and then private server owners take that vision and manipulate it into their own vision. With 3000 or more different servers running, there's no way to please everyone. I understand that a toggle option for features being removed or changed would be ideal, and if it's an easier thing to do then that might be best so everyone can customize changes to their needs. If those changes require far more time, then I can see why it's not worth it - as this is a mod being developed in spare time.

Just last night I was on OrangeSherbert's live stream, which he was testing the latest dev build along side some of the devs. They were answering questions, concerns, and feedback about the new features and just any problems etc. So they do listen no doubt.

I never said I don't care about others opinions, I said I don't care about being trolled and flamed. There's a difference. Maybe you can list the reasons why you understand the recent changes? Start by explaining to me how removing the information in the top left of the map improves the game for example, then explain all those other changes like dust and fog clouds..

Most people said they don't like the dust clouds so next patch they will remove them, yeah your right they don't listen... :lol:

The mission system, diary and such are not part of THEIR mod so why should they take every single script into consideration.

Clearly you don't like the original epoch mod cos you added the missions and the diary and what not so why don't you spend your time making your own mod the way you like it and don't post useless posts. They clearly stated a while back that it's impossible to take every tweak, scriipt or what not into account when changing aspects of their mod so your post is useless.

Keep in mind Hayward, we're rolling these patches out to hundreds of individuals.  Although we try to keep it as customizable and genderless as possible, the change you're referring to is for performance and security reasons.
You're not required to update to the latest unreleased build(even though it sounds like you already have-question mark).  Sorry bud, we're not intentionally trying to toss a wrench in the gears for you guys going a step beyond in terms of modification; but there are times when the streams will cross.

I understand the OP's frustrations (even though I'm not a server owner), but as someone already pointed out...it's their game, they do what they like. But on the other hand, there's some stuff in this game that leave me scratching my head wondering which planet the devs are from. Romance novel anyone?