Space Bar

FiddyB

With the new patch 0350 you have changed the way we use the interaction menu due to the new gui.  We can no longer use the space bar to action the selection on our interaction menu.  For example, I used to scroll to lock a door then hit space, or scroll to my pistol and hit space to switch.  With the new gui space is used to lock/unlock or do building.

Please can I have my space bar back.

Fiddy

Edited by FiddyB

• 7 months later...
14 hours ago, fishmooney said:

btw all , to my mind dyna menu looks very ugly . good idea will be add on/off option for this feature.

Welcome to the forum @fishmooney thanks for the feedback. As far as turning the feature off that would also break features of epoch so we will just aim for making it less ugly...

16 hours ago, fishmooney said:

btw all , to my mind dyna menu looks very ugly . good idea will be add on/off option for this feature.

Could you be more constructive on this comment please?

We're gonna need some hints to improve, just saying something is ugly does not help anyone and is not going to change a thing to make it better. Give us some examples, too.

i think dynamenu must be as previus UI elements : gray flat (like icons of krypto / energy ) ; pls make sure wat ppa correctly interpolate ; ease out / ease in must be faster; icon size - smaller +- 50%% from original (if u cant aim - dont play arma :)

21 minutes ago, fishmooney said:

i think dynamenu must be as previus UI elements : gray flat (like icons of krypto / energy ) ; pls make sure wat ppa correctly interpolate ; ease out / ease in must be faster; icon size - smaller +- 50%% from original (if u cant aim - dont play arma :)

Hey ya

I see what you mean now. We've talked about this with Awol recently actually, and yes UI is going to have unified design at some point soon. Just recently I've created a special UI framework that should allow us accomplish this much easier (for code literates and community devs - CfgDynamicHUD config on github).

It is very hard to find and agree on a perfect design, so most of UI is built with functionality in mind rather than aesthetics at this point. That being said, there is actually something I like and would probably take inspiration from - Hawken UI. What do you guys think? Anyone better suggestions? Please understand that eventually all UI elements will be only shown in First person, toggling to 3rd person will remove UI in future builds.