Buildings Despawn

waterscan

Question

3 answers to this question

correct me if i am wrong but i believe its part of the realism. non buildings only last about a week. IE camo nets, fence,H barriers ect ect. the shacks, sheds, outhouse, are staying put and not despawning. 

i believe there is a couple of pros to this. 

1. doesn't allow a bunch of crap sitting all over the server. 

2. keeps players busy by maintaining their camps.

to keep this from happening..... have no idea...... yet.

correct me if i am wrong but i believe its part of the realism. non buildings only last about a week. IE camo nets, fence,H barriers ect ect. the shacks, sheds, outhouse, are staying put and not despawning. 

i believe there is a couple of pros to this. 

1. doesn't allow a bunch of crap sitting all over the server. 

2. keeps players busy by maintaining their camps.

to keep this from happening..... have no idea...... yet.

Realism? So you have fences vanishing in your neighborhood? Sorry couldn't help but ask.

Stick fences I can understand, but unless your server has 50+ people and people waiting in line to get on it... you're not going to experience much clutter. For example our server barely has 10 active people on it and we just

want to build a community base, but everything is poofing and after blowing hours and hours gathering gold, days actually, and hours actually making the crap, for it to all just poof.

What's the point then?

Besides all the stuff anyone can build, is restricted to thier plot pole, which, as it happens, also poofs after 7 days (ouch 60 oz of gold!). I keep seeing people responding that "well you have all that gold in your safe blah de blah", not on our sever. We are barely scraping by, know why? We have vehicle spawns turned off, so you can't repo-the-world to get cash fast.

It would be nice if the admin had the ability to control if these things are supposed to poof after a period of time or not. As in our case, the stuff poofing is a kick in the groin.

Besides if something actually clutters up a server that bad, an admin can simply toast the items from the db.

What would be really cool for Sandbag walls:

After a week a couple of bags have sorta fallen off and are on the ground next to it.

After 2 weeks a few more, wall is sorta half-height

After 3 weeks its just a mound of sandbags.

Decay would be cool.

But if I straight up dig a hole and sink a post in the ground and build fence out of it, look I've built several fences in my life, I honestly don't know of any that have fallen after 20 years. But then again when I build something I don't screw around.