On 0.3.5.0 after restart all lockboxes and safes are open

Kenobi

Hmmm, issue continuing. Look at video. If i stay in right direction onto safe, looks like locked. But if I spin about 90-180 degree, I can get access. Infistar completelly disabled, EpochAH disabled, build 53.

Edited by Kenobi

It's currently possible to loot a LOCKED safe or lockbox THROUGH a cinder wall if the container is on the other side of the wall.    Tested this multiple ways and as long as there is a safe or lockbox in the area you can access the locked containers similar to the videos above.    Pretty significant bug as bases are being raided without people even needing to use explosives or destroy walls.

Hi, I parked my vehicle in a cane reed bush before the updates.  It's now very hard to unlock it : I have to stand at some special spots, aim everywhere at the hull until I get the "press inventory" circle, then and only then I can press the space bar and see the "unlock" icon. With the 052 patch, I just couldn't get the "unlock" icon but in either cases I can access the car inventory from anywhere around, even if it's locked.

6 hours ago, infiSTAR.de said:

You could add an eventhandler for "ContainerOpened" to the safe/lockbox and have that check if it is really unlocked or not.

Maybe it is enough to add someting like
player action ['Gear', player];

to the inventoryOpened evenhandler, as players will be forced into the "ground" tab

I will test this evening and say if it works

Edit:

Doesnt work. Arma 3 scans surroundings and then you are still inside of the container.

13 hours ago, infiSTAR.de said:

You could add an eventhandler for "ContainerOpened" to the safe/lockbox and have that check if it is really unlocked or not.

Maybe it is enough to add someting like
player action ['Gear', player];

to the inventoryOpened evenhandler, as players will be forced into the "ground" tab

Checked it also, but unfortunately this doesn't work because the eventhandler only triggers, when the Safe is in cursortarget.

The only solution I found is changing the inventoryopened trigger from Epoch. But then, you can't open your inventory in a range of 2,5m around a locked Safe / Lockbox.

But this should be better than accessable Safes :)

NOTE: For Infistar Users, this will NOT work! It's, because Infistar overrides the InventoryOpened trigger (since 0220???)

Change in a3_epoch_server_settings\configs\security\security_checks.h

InventoryOpened = "_this spawn EPOCH_initUI; (locked (_this select 1) in [2, 3] || (_this select 1) getVariable['EPOCH_Locked', false])";
to

InventoryOpened = "_this spawn EPOCH_initUI; (locked (_this select 1) in [2, 3] || (nearestobjects [player, ['Safe_EPOCH','Lockbox_EPOCH'],2.5] select 0) getvariable ['EPOCH_Locked', false])";

Add in Init.sqf (or other files, the client is loading)

if (hasinterface) then {
        player removealleventhandlers "InventoryOpened";
        player addeventhandler ["InventoryOpened",{_this spawn EPOCH_initUI; (locked (_this select 1) in [2, 3] || (nearestobjects [player, ['Safe_EPOCH','Lockbox_EPOCH'],2.5] select 0) getvariable ['EPOCH_Locked', false])}];
};

I am working on a fix guys, for testing I have this temp fix available here update your server settings pbo with this : https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/85a25613549e50c9cee37f817c3ebbbca7eeb96f/Server_Install_Pack/@epochhive/addons/a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo?raw=true

Commit: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/commit/85a25613549e50c9cee37f817c3ebbbca7eeb96f

This will currently prevent groundweaponholder access within 5m of a locked vehicle or storage device for non Admins and those that use our AH. Ideally the InventoryOpened handler should be expanded to return both containers so we can move towards preventing the cargo option without a bunch of workarounds. Also note: Since 0.3.5 safes and lockboxes now persist the locked/unlocked states.

It's really enough, to change it only in the security_checks.h?

Or must it also be added into the Client Start script like:

player addeventhandler ["InventoryOpened",{ _this spawn EPOCH_initUI;_container = _this select 1; _lockedNear = false;if (_container isKindOf 'GroundWeaponHolder') then {{if (locked _x in [2, 3] || _x getVariable['EPOCH_Locked', false]) exitWith {_lockedNear = true}} forEach (player nearSupplies 5);};(locked _container in [2, 3] || _container getVariable['EPOCH_Locked', false] || _lockedNear) }];

1 hour ago, He-Man said:

It's really enough, to change it only in the security_checks.h?

Or must it also be added into the Client Start script like:

player addeventhandler ["InventoryOpened",{ _this spawn EPOCH_initUI;_container = _this select 1; _lockedNear = false;if (_container isKindOf 'GroundWeaponHolder') then {{if (locked _x in [2, 3] || _x getVariable['EPOCH_Locked', false]) exitWith {_lockedNear = true}} forEach (player nearSupplies 5);};(locked _container in [2, 3] || _container getVariable['EPOCH_Locked', false] || _lockedNear) }];

If you are using Epoch AH then security_checks.h is the only change needed.

3 hours ago, He-Man said:

_this spawn EPOCH_initUI;_container = _this select 1; _lockedNear = false;if (_container isKindOf 'GroundWeaponHolder') then {{if (locked _x in [2, 3] || _x getVariable['EPOCH_Locked', false]) exitWith {_lockedNear = true}} forEach (player nearSupplies 5);};(locked _container in [2, 3] || _container getVariable['EPOCH_Locked', false] || _lockedNear) }];

After change, new info in RPT:   Can't change owner from 0 to 2
Is it OK?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello I have the following problem after each restart, everyone can open each vehicle, so the "lock status" or owner is ignored. I can open any vehicle no matter if it belongs to me or not. Does somebody has any idea ? I use Infistar and have no errors in RPT

Hallo Ich habe folgendes Problem nach jedem Restart kann jeder jedes Fahrzeug öffnen, also der "lock Status" bzw Eigentümer wird ignoriert. Ich kann jedes Fahrzeug öffnen egal ob es mir gehört oder nicht. Hat jemand eine Idee ? Ich nutze Infistar und habe keinerlei Fehler im RPT