Remote message // debug monitor

zulu

Question

Hello,

i would like to show mission/event announcements instead of my debugmonitor ( for a period of time).
So when a mission or event starts, the debug should go away, and the announcement should be shown for a few seconds. Currently the event announcement is flashing up for a second.
I tried to add  "sleep 5;" to the remote-script, but it didnt work.
Can anyone please help me?

_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#FFFF66' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Attention</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>Mission description!</t>"]; customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint]; publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

2 answers to this question

Debug monitor is actually a message inside hint. When your message flashes, it means that other hint is overwriting it instantly - in this case the debug monitor.

To save you some guesswork - it's Infistar AH that does it, but there's an option to disable debug if your messages are more important

Alternatively use bis_fnc_dynamicText or create a proper dialog.

Hi raymix,

thanks again for your help.
I dont wont to disable the debug at all but like to show annauncements and then the debug again.
Is that possible with "bis_fnc_dynamic text"? Will do some research....

edit: i think i found what i was looking for herehttp://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11573-solution-always-on-debug-monitor-with-dzms-hintsilent-messages/

Edited by zulu