EpochZ: Black Tide

Grahame

2 hours ago, Kixo said:

I tried the server today and was not disappointed! Great job and keep it going!

Guess you worked out the mods. I always update the first post with major changes. Thanks for the kind words, will be adding more on both Altis an our Tanoa server. Also we have several new admins coming onboard asap, all good people.

Will be adding VEMF Reloaded soon when I can code it to remove infected when the town invasions happen

• 3 weeks later...
There have been many changes made on the server over the last few weeks. This post summarizes them:
  • Two new Trader camps (Safe Zones) have been added. The Northern Camp at Molos airfield and the Southern Camp on the coast, west of Vikos.
  • All cinder, except garage doors, metal floors, HESCOs and Base Jammers are now indestructible
  • Fireplaces are now persistent
  • More laser designators added and they should now persist through restart in your gear
  • Reworked vehicle spawn system fixing the issues of exploding vics and disappearing/reappearing ones at restart. Also, all vics are now God-Moded from server restart until first unlocked
  • Ospreys and Apaches added to roaming helo patrols
  • Lots of new vehicles spawn on the map: armed Blackcats, armed Merlin, Seahawk, Sea Dragon, MTVRs (incl. reammo, repair and refuel - use these and the new Urals for CUP vics), Urals (incl. reammo and repair), UN vics (including BTR-60, armed UAZ and BMP-2), ION's Ka-60
  • Infected removed from Stavros... they were constantly attracted into the Central Trader Camp. Replaced with guerillas (courtesy of the Enemy Occupation System) to avoid opening Stavros to easy looting.
  • A few under the covers changes to increase the difficulty of the server subtly

Also, to reiterate that outside of the Safe Zones the world is an unhealthy place. Safe Zone combat is prohibited by script, camping safe zones is prohibited by a warning then a ban. All other areas are free-fire zones, including black market and Epoch traders that spawn outside the safe zones!

Full server rules available at the EpochZ Community Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Grahame

I was playing just now when the server seemed to crash, which kicked everyone off, but when I tried to log back on it said that I was banned!

Assuming this is not the case could you please reinstate me

I am now back in following the download of a new mission file - many thanks if this was the result of your assistance

Spiff

Edited by Spiff
situation change

Have been in this server for a little over a week now and it's fantastic. Active Admin/Mods, Good FPS ( Both Client and Server side ), Reasonable restart shifts (4hr), and outside of the shanty shit that Modded Arma causes - Grahame has done a wonderful job with his interpretations of the mods he hosts on this server.

9/10, because Modded Arma will always be a -1

On 11/4/2016 at 3:07 AM, Spiff said:

Hey Grahame

I was playing just now when the server seemed to crash, which kicked everyone off, but when I tried to log back on it said that I was banned!

Assuming this is not the case could you please reinstate me

I am now back in following the download of a new mission file - many thanks if this was the result of your assistance

Spiff

Hi Spiff, yes this was fixed last week. The problem was that I decided to change the starting hunger and thirst back to maximum, rather than the reduced values that are default in Epoch 0.4. Unfortunately I made a typo and set starting thirst to 5000. InfiStar is hard-coded to ban anyone with a thirst greater than 2500. To fix this I simply increased the max thirst to 5000 and changed the values in InfiStar (I was thinking about raising thirst anyway).

15 hours ago, Corium said:

Have been in this server for a little over a week now and it's fantastic. Active Admin/Mods, Good FPS ( Both Client and Server side ), Reasonable restart shifts (4hr), and outside of the shanty shit that Modded Arma causes - Grahame has done a wonderful job with his interpretations of the mods he hosts on this server.

9/10, because Modded Arma will always be a -1

Thanks @Corium I appreciate your kind words. Continually looking to improve both this server and our newer Apex/Tanoa EpochZ server. Always feel free to report problems and make suggestions both here and on our EpochZ Community Forum

We're also working on a new EpochZ: Day Zero server which should be online in a week or so after we finish beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Im having this issue when i want to connect to server most of times i get "loading" screen for about 5 mins and then i get error. Battle something issue.

Another issue im having is i connect and im ingame but all i see is dark screen. When i press map i got that map crosshair but nothing else happens. I see in chat aswell, but i have to relog for it to work if loading screen doesnt kick me out.

Just did an update to the 655 build of Epoch, latest InfiStar and a fix from Host Havoc. Should have resolved those issues. So far so good, did on the EpochZ: Tanoa server last night and all's good there too.

Still a problem with Host Havoc that the connection to REDIS is taking 10m or so at restart.  Working that issue with them. Will update here and on the EpochZ.net form when sorted.

Hey Grahame

You might like to have to have a chat with a player called 'Dolch' who weasel & I found inside our base & who attacked & killed us both. No worries so far!

The strange thing is our base was very carefully locked when we left it & also Dolch had managed to open locked doors & open and move a locked vehicle inside the base.

It seems a little odd, assuming that he is playing things straight, that he would be able to do this, so as I say you might want to have a quiet chat with him

cheers

Spiff

2 hours ago, Kixo said:

And again i cant get ingame. Loading to the max for 5 mins and then i get message: You were kicked off the game: BattleEye: Public Variable Restriction #0

@Kixo I have a fix from Host Havoc for this which worked wonders on the EpochZ: Tanoa server. Deployed it last night but miraculously screwed up the build 655 update of Epoch - resulting in blood pressure continually rising for players. Backed out. While there it fixed the login problems. Will redeploy tomorrow am.

@Spiff we will keep a close eye on him. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, your base is not near a spawn location is it... have seen new spawns in bases near urban areas...

Hey grahame

just wondering about the settings for the AI - AH1 on black tide. Weasel who I play with has been hit by it repeatedly  over the last few nights, sometimes up to 3 or 4 times in a session. Is it just particularly aggressive? or does it home in on particular vehicles or anything?

I ask because Weasel is getting pretty hacked off with being virtually unable to move about the map

cheers

9 hours ago, Spiff said:

Hey grahame

just wondering about the settings for the AI - AH1 on black tide. Weasel who I play with has been hit by it repeatedly  over the last few nights, sometimes up to 3 or 4 times in a session. Is it just particularly aggressive? or does it home in on particular vehicles or anything?

I ask because Weasel is getting pretty hacked off with being virtually unable to move about the map

cheers

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm removing the AH1 roaming AI helo patrol... since the 1.8 update of CUP the gunner seems to have worked out the weaponry controls... Will be leaving the Osprey and the other armed Blackhawks, etc.

LOL, replaced with the AC-130 :ph34r: To be honest, that's the old Spooky one not the Specter so it only has a couple of autocannons...

Also check out the forum for important news about our annual server maintenance for EpochZ: Black Tide and the changes we are planning on making (including two major code changes to Epoch itself, hint, vehicle spawning logic and gender)

EpochZ: Black Tide will be taken down for an major overhaul as part of a schedule Annual Maintenance. The server will be password protected until all the listed changes are complete and tested. If you would like to help beta test the server then PM me or respond to the thread on the EpochZ Community Forum

The full list (as of now) of work is:

- A cleanup of the bloated REDIS database, necessary due to its current performance impact on the server. A full Db wipe might not be required because of this action, but see below

- Update BlackEagl's mission system to the latest version clearing a couple of irritating bugs that make these missions easier right now.

- Fix several glitches within Wicked AI mission system, including the provision of static missions (so we can start deploying our custom missions) and the correct saving of mission vehicles in the database.

- Fix Simple Epoch Missions so vehicles save to the database properly.

- All mission systems to be modified so all the newer stuff from CUP is used by the AI and available as loot

- Recode Epoch vehicle spawn code to remove current vehicle limits and provide an overall server limit on vehicles

- RECODE EPOCH GENDER CODE SO ALL GENDERS ARE BLUFOR. This frees OPFOR for the infected and INDEPENDENT for mission/roaming AI. This is a major change and may require a DB wipe given most players are male (OPFOR). It will also have an impact on uniforms available, thus:

- Load Tryk's Multiplay Uniforms mod to the server

- Fix uniform and facemask persistance after restarts

- Fix all trader code glitches so all goods can be traded that are currently glitched (e.g glock mags and Littlebirds among other things)

- Add new CUP weapons, uniforms and attachments to loot tables (a complete rework of Epoch's loots.h - which is already completely customized but six months old right now) and additions to the lootspawner system)

- Better location-specific spawning of CUP air vehicles so that they can be taken into the air

- Replace Civilian Occupation System spawning of infected with native Ryan's Zombies & Demons spawns (potentially a big performance upgrade)

- Reexamine an rewrite the price lists to eliminate inconsistencies such as the pricing of boxed ammunition for LMGs as well as generally raising general pricing. Add ammunition for vehicles and static weapons to the price lists

- Add Vampire's Mission System for town invasions, removing the infected spawns wherever this missions spawn first

- Fix the Supply Helo Drop script to reintroduce that to the server

- Add fast jets (probably just the CUP AA variants of them) back now we have an effective player AA solution

- Add some additional crafted items, including lockboxes

(- Separate Black Market Traders into different categories, food, weapons dealer, building supplies, etc.). This may be a more long term project but I wanted it on the list)

Hi All,

On Monday November 28 the EpochZ: Black Tide server will be taken down for an extended maintenance period. The server is a year old now and generally needs a good clean and at the same time I want to fix all outstanding bugs and update some things that I have been working on or looking at for a while.

As many of you know, the bulk of the work was completed last night and the server is now back online. Please note that you must now download the 0.95 version of Tryk's Multi-Play Uniforms - or use Steam, A3Launcher or PlaySix to handle mod loading for you.

The following is a list of tasks/aims of the upgrade. Some of these items are being worked on at the moment, other require the server to be taken down before work can start:

- A cleanup of the bloated REDIS database, necessary due to its current performance impact on the server. A full Db wipe will not be required because of this action, but see below

The work required to clean the REDIS DB manually would have extended the downtime period excessively so the database was fully wiped. This has had a noticeable positive performance benefit on the server. Compensation is available from the myself or the other admins for your losses.

- Update BlackEagl's mission system to the latest version (6.45) clearing a couple of irritating bugs that make these missions easier right now.

Done.

- Fix several glitches within Wicked AI mission system, including the provision of static missions (so we can start deploying our custom missions) and the correct saving of mission vehicles in the database.

In progress. I have taken the code for vehicle saving from Haljv's Black Market traders (which works) and am merging it into SEM. In addition I am taking the code for spawning the AI only when players approach the missions from BlackEagl's mission system to improve server performance. The changes should be implemented by the end of the week.

- Fix Simple Epoch Missions so vehicles save to the database properly.

In progress. I have taken the code for vehicle saving from Haljv's Black Market traders (which works) and am merging it into SEM. In addition I am taking the code for spawning the AI only when players approach the missions from BlackEagl's mission system to improve server performance. The changes should be implemented by the end of the week.

- All mission systems to be modified so all the newer stuff from CUP is used by the AI and available as loot

Mostly done.

- Recode Epoch vehicle spawn code to remove current vehicle limits and provide an overall server limit on vehicles

Done.

- RECODE EPOCH GENDER CODE SO ALL GENDERS ARE BLUFOR. This frees OPFOR for the infected and INDEPENDENT for mission/roaming AI. This is a major change and may require a DB wipe given most players are male (OPFOR). It will also have an impact on uniforms available, thus:

Done. The roaming, UAV spawned, dynamic and mission AI are now OPFOR, the infected are RESISTANCE meaning that when they meet each other they do now fight each other. Note that the infected are only activated when BLUFOR (a player) is nearby to avoid severe performance issues.

All players are now BLUFOR. This means that when you spawn you will have a female body. Selecting a uniform from the Initial Spawn Gear selection will put back your profile "face". You can only wear non-BLUFOR uniforms by selecting in the initial gear selection or buying from the Black Markets.

The uniforms will persist through a log or server restart. But note if you take one off and it's not BLUFOR you cannot put it back in the field.

One side benefit of this change is that all players can now buy and control AR-2 Darter UAVs.

Load Tryk's Multiplay Uniforms mod to the server

Done. Adding the actual uniforms to the Black Market and some to initial spawn gear selection will be completed tonight.

- Fix uniform and facemask persistance after restarts

Done. Modifying the Epoch code at load and respawn to use forceAddUniform() instead of addUniform fixed this issue.

- Fix all trader code glitches so all goods can be traded

Done. All all new CUP equipment added.

- Add new CUP weapons, uniforms and attachments to loot tables (a complete rework of Epoch's loots.h - which is already completely customized but six moths old right now) and additions to the lootspawner system)

In progress. Will be fully completed by the end of the week.

- Better location-specific spawning of CUP air vehicles so that they can be taken into the air

In progress. Will be completed by the end of the week.

- Replace Civilian Occupation System spawning of infected with native Ryan's Zombies & Demons spawns (potentially a big performance upgrade)

Abandoned. There are issues with infected patrolling using the native spawns. Instead COS will continue to be used for infected in towns and villages. I have added a number of native Ryan's spawners in the wilderness to keep players honest. Also looking at creating wandering hordes.

- Reexamine an rewrite the price lists to eliminate inconsistencies such as the pricing of boxed ammunition for LMGs. Add ammunition for vehicles to price lists

Many changes made. More to be done.

- Add Vampire's Mission System for town invasions, removing the infected spawns wherever this missions spawn first

In progress.

- Fix the Supply Helo Drop script to reintroduce that to the server

In progress.

Add fast jets back now we have an effective player AA solution

Done.

- Change to 3 hour restarts

Not necessary now with the server performance improvements.

(- Separate Black Market Traders into different categories, food, weapons dealer, building supplies, etc.). This may be a more long term project but I wanted it on the list)

As expected, this will take a while.

Cheers,
Grahame.