Dev Suggestion - cctv cameras

archamedes

This is a message for the Dev Team. I have an idea for a game feature if you haven't already thought about it before. But what with base defenses and now the new tower upgrade, why not expand further and have cctv cameras set up in places around your base exterior so you are able to keep tabs on it when you are cowering inside or off doing a bandit mission? From what i hear, the game overlay modules like the drone camera are pretty easy to set up, so why not have the option to view up to 4 different cameras that you can turn and rotate while you are miles away to see if anyone is at your door trying to break in?

Expand on it so that you need to find certain loot parts like electrical equipment etc to craft it... and only have them work if you have a solar generator hooked up to power them. Go one step further and have a monitor set up on a table so you can even view each camera on that instead of a pda within the map view. Why not stop there? when you have your mounted camera, why not have a further upgrade where you can attach a gpmg to it so you now have an armed camera. Not one thats automated, because that would be unfair to anyone passing through. But the player can take the controls and rinse out anyone who looks to be breaking in. If another player spots it and shoots it out, its up to the base owner to fix it with spare parts. So even having basic camera protection or gun protection is good up to a point, but vulnerable if someone happens to shoot them out.

Edited by archamedes
spelling corrections

• 2 weeks later...

This is a message for the Dev Team. I have an idea for a game feature if you haven't already thought about it before. But what with base defenses and now the new tower upgrade, why not expand further and have cctv cameras set up in places around your base exterior so you are able to keep tabs on it when you are cowering inside or off doing a bandit mission? From what i hear, the game overlay modules like the drone camera are pretty easy to set up, so why not have the option to view up to 4 different cameras that you can turn and rotate while you are miles away to see if anyone is at your door trying to break in?

Expand on it so that you need to find certain loot parts like electrical equipment etc to craft it... and only have them work if you have a solar generator hooked up to power them. Go one step further and have a monitor set up on a table so you can even view each camera on that instead of a pda within the map view. Why not stop there? when you have your mounted camera, why not have a further upgrade where you can attach a gpmg to it so you now have an armed camera. Not one thats automated, because that would be unfair to anyone passing through. But the player can take the controls and rinse out anyone who looks to be breaking in. If another player spots it and shoots it out, its up to the base owner to fix it with spare parts. So even having basic camera protection or gun protection is good up to a point, but vulnerable if someone happens to shoot them out.

This is your idea or idea from Exile mod where next update add:

• Added a security camera / CCTV system. You can now place security cameras in your territory and look through them by a camera terminal software of a laptop.

This is your idea or idea from Exile mod where next update add:

• Added a security camera / CCTV system. You can now place security cameras in your territory and look through them by a camera terminal software of a laptop.

This is neither ones idea. Has been out since Arma 2, I believe Maca was the author if I'm not mistaken.