Search other provider, because serverfreeze and lags.

serveratze88

There are basically two types of servers, virtual and dedicated. The ARMA-binaries don't play very well with virtual machines, ARMA-servers want access to the full hardware or it will be limited, not just processing power-wise, but BECAUSE of the software limiting the hardware access.

If you are serious about hosting an ARMA-based server, I strongly recommend that you move to a dedicated machine. And if you're in Europe, there's essentially only one that's worth the effort, and that's OVH and its subsidiaries. 

danke für das feedback

ich betreibe seit ca. 6 monaten einen epoch server bei G Portal und der server ist immer sehr gut gelaufen seit der letzten epoch mod version 3.4 habe ich das problem das der server frezze....

das kann es doch nicht sein damit ich mir jetzt einen root server mieten soll das sehr hohe kosten mit sich führt nur damit diese mod wieder spielbar ist ohne frezze....

google translate

Thanks for the feedback

I run for about 6 months a epoch server at G portal and the server is always went very well since the last epoch mod version 3.4 I have the problem that the server Frezze...

it can not be true that I now leads me to a root server rent the very high costs just to mod this again is playable without Frezze...

Richie: GPortal is a standard gamehoster provider, so there are hosted more than one user at a single machine.

And this is what dennis_stk said, its called Virtual machine.

serveratze88: Its everywhere the same, so you will have the same problems with Exile, trust me. The reason isnt Epoch, it´s related to the admin what he does with his server. Sure you can install every script you can find, but thats not the goal of the mod. Best thing is a dedicated machine, this is only the truth.

cheers

Then i would contact your host and ask them to investigate, although i suspect they will tell you to reduce what you're running, the problem with shared hosts is you could have everything running nice, your neighbours could be pushing things too far, they have an affect on your game.

As Epoch development continues there will be more added to the mod, it's growing and will continue to get more complex with new features coming each release.

If you're serious about running a server then ask your regulars for some donations, use that to get a better spec dedicated machine, they'll see the benefit and continue to support you.

@richie

hi, das ist auch gut so das sich epoch weiterentwickelt.

ich finde es schade dass epoch für den kleinen mann der einen game server betreibt nicht mehr nutzbar ist.

ich habe mich damit abgefunden und werde mir eine andere mod suchen müssen.

ich hatte diese epoch immer sehr gerne gespielt ich wünsche euch weiterhin viel erfolg mit epoch.

google translate

Hi, this is a good thing that evolved Epoch.

I find it a pity that epoch for the little man of a game server no longer operates is available.

I have resigned myself to and'm going to find another mod must.

I had always enjoyed playing this epoch I wish you continued success with Epoch.

Du wirst genau die gleichen Probleme bei Exile oder jeder anderen Mod haben. Meinst du bei Exile hast du mehr Server FPS als bei Epoch? Am Po. Ich habe einen Exile und einen Epoch Server und da tut sich nichts. Beide haben die gleichen Server FPS.

Bei dir wird jetzt einfach das Problem das 1. Ein von dir eingefügtes Script Probleme macht oder 2. Dein Provider einen weiteren Arma 3 Server auf der Virtuellen Maschine laufen lässt.

Edit: Welche Infistar Version nutzt du?

Edit 2: Infistar: v0225A versuch eine ältere Version

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will have the same problems with Exile or every Mod. When you are thinking that Exile had much more Server fps than epoch then you got a big mistake. I have an Exile and Epoch Server and both had the same server FPS.
There will be one of these problems: 1. one of your scrips makes probs, or 2 Your Provider takes an 2nd Arma Server on the virtual machine.

Edit: Which Version of Infistar are u using? 

Edit 2: Infistar: v0225A try an older Version

Edited by dennis_stk

So ich hab mir gerade mal deinen RPT Log angeguckt. Wunderst du dich ernsthaft dass du freezes hast? Versuch mal Vanilla und dann melde dich wenn du Freezes hast. Du lästerst hier über eine Mod und versaust sie mit diesem ganzen Krams.
Addons: 1. a3_scarcode_pve, 2. helicrash, 3. ud, 4. HSBlackmarket

So i had a look at your RPT Log. Do you rly wondering that your game had freezes? Try Epoch Vanilla and then come back to the forum and told us how it works. You are talking bad about this mod and you are blame themselves with addons that not include of this mod.

Addons: 1. a3_scarcode_pve, 2. helicrash, 3. ud, 4. HSBlackmarket

@dennis behalte deine geistesblitze bitte für dich danke

damit hilfst du mir nicht weiter und auch keinen anderen

der server ist auch schon tage lang auf vanilla gelaufen und der server lief genauso schlecht

aber das muss ich dir ja nicht schreiben du weißt es ja eh besser

und was ich an script auf meinen server einbinde ist meine entscheidung

@dennis Keep your brainstorms please thank you for you

so you do not help me further and no other

the server is also running on vanilla for days and the server is running as bad

but I have to tell you not even write you know it anyway better

and what I add to script to my server's my decision

Komisch das andere Server gut laufen nur deiner anscheinend nicht. Denk mal drüber nach.

Und immer noch der Tipp: Mach ein Downgrade von Infistar.

--------------------------------------

Strange that other servers are working fine but yours not. Think about it.

My tipp for you: Make a Downgrade from Infistar

Edited by dennis_stk

sry guys, only german, if you want to have it in english, use a translator ;).

Eine Virtuelle Maschine ist ein no go und das gillt für Gameserver als auch Webserver mit Datenbank! Kann mal gut gehen, aber es kann jeder Zeit ein Kunde auf die Hardware kommen, der zuviel Resourcen benutzt, so das die anderen Kunden drunter leiden und das kann zeitlich begrenzt sein. Kenne ich aus Erfahrung!

Wenn schon Arma 3 selber hosten, dann auf einem root server, Hetzner hat ganz nette "gebrauchte" Server:

https://robot.your-server.de/order/market/sortcol/cpu_benchmark/sorttype/up/maxprice/50/limit/100

Hardwaredetails:

Intel Core i7-3770
2x HDD 3,0 TB SATA
2x RAM 8192 MB DDR3

und das für 34€.

Wenn du meinst Exile ist und läuft besser, dann viel Spaß mit Exile, sehe ich etwas anders, aber jedem seine Meinung. Ich hab Exil angespielt, was mir gut gefällt ist das Userinterface, das mit dem Respekt ist auch ganz nett, aber nicht wirklich ansatzweise mit Epoch zu vergleichen, komisch ist nur, dass das Baumaterial dem von Epoch so ähnlich ist...

Ich persönlich werde keinen Arma Server mehr hosten solange Arma 32bit ist und in der Lage ist 200+ Spieler desyncfrei zu händeln, das wird aber in absehbarer Zeit nicht passieren, wenn überhaupt mit dem Arma 3 Nachvolger, wenn der kommen sollte mit der Enfusion Engine, so in 5-10 Jahren ;). 

Edited by Nasdero