Why go to Lobby after die?

Donnovan

The fact that the player goes to lobby after die is the main source of bandwitch peak in Epoch servers.

Why not use respawn instead of "go to the lobby"?

With respawn the player don't need do download all map info again.

With then going to the lobby, 5 players dies and you have a plus 10 mbps upload demand on their reconnect. Other than that, i can say the bandwidth consume is pretty ok.

Thankyou a lot.

its just how character creation was designed for dayz, not entirely sure why we are still doing it in A3, but I was also curious about this actually, just never bothered to ask, lol

I'd say there's a good reason for this, but I can't see why normal respawn shouldn't be possible in both games with a bit of elbow grease.

I'm trying to avoid player go to the lobby.

What happens when you die is that you wait 5 seconds and then you respaw on the base (Arma 2 OA behaviour set in description.ext, base is probably out of the map).

The init.sqf attach a Respawn event handler that calls player.death.sqf and this one ends the mission.

You guys know if its hard to avoid player to go to the lobby after die?

Thankyou.

I started by just changing the last line from player_death.sqf from

endMission "END1";

to

execVM "init.sqf";

It worked.

But player get stuck on loading screen probably because some variable that must be nil on start are not nil.

Now i will try to identify those variable. If anyone have some info, please share.

Thankyou!

Going back to lobby deletes all variables and loops and pretty much the whole mission namespace, then fresh cycle starts by loading new loops and initializing FSMs

You are against quite a tough task my friend. Either way, as far as I remember it is the FSMs that initializes loadscreen, so start there.

raymix,

Instead of reseting eveything, i will try to reset only what need to be reseted.

For example, i don't need to stop and run compiles.sqf again. Also don't need to stop and run again a safezone script, for example.

I'm about to check now if "player" variable is ok during the respawn. If its not turn to nil or nul would be a very good thing, because it will not harm loops or fsm based on it.

If i configure imediate respaw, may be "alive player" will never give false during his death, this would be even better, becaus no script will know player died, and will continue to run ok.

Or even even better, make a fake death for the player, so real player will never die. Reset what need to be reseted, and its ok.

So think in a 70 or 100 slots Arma 3 server with a map sized like Altis. Most of the bandwidth used is useles re-join data download.

"Yes, my Host can run it, i acquired a 1000 Mbps dedicated link." Margus PImpum.

I like you Margus, you is lovely and kind person.

<3

Edited by Donnovan

• 3 weeks later...