Dedicated server hosts

Sebu

Question

Hello! It's been a while since we last time hosted servers. Back in the days we had a dedicated server from Vilayer. Now I see they have increased their prices so I was thinking if you guys could recommend some good hosts. We are looking to run at least 2-3 arma servers and a ts server. Price range 80-160€/month. Also it would be cool if it had some ssd in it. Post your suggestions!

10 answers to this question

Either of those will be fine to run 2-3 servers, especially A2 servers.

SSD/HDD is up to you, you won't see much benefit from read/write specifically with the server, it's nice transferring files using SSDs, but minimal difference/impact to server performance.

Do you personally use SSD or HDD? I remember that we had SSD on our old server so I don't know how it runs on HDD. Better thing with the HDD version is that is has 4tb HD which should be enough for us xD

Edit* Would that package be able to handle A3 Exile server?

Edited by Sebu

GSP's are hard to tell because you never know how many servers they have running on a single box or instance.

So short answer is, yes it would improve since you would be controlling the amount of servers that are running on a single box/instance.

Allright then we prob will go dedicated .

We are in a situation at this point people like the server allot but when we get to 25 players the server will start to lagg vehicles at traders will spawn in and dissapear ...

We see it go up to 30 players and then after a few minutes its all the way down to our regulars again around 20 players .

Its really affecting the game play because most like to pvp .

Also isnt it a bit weird to have a server hosted in france with a databaser in the uk ?

Thanks for the quick reply btw :)

i have a dedi through so you start. prices are good and its nice to know you have control over everything.  but setting up a dedi is not nearly the same as renting a server from a host. its much more complex.  I don't have any complaints about SYS. Only issue i had is i had to find a windows license, the link you are looking at says you should be able to get a windows server, but they didnt offer it for me. oddly enough...    their support is fairly fast, within the hour they respond usually.

As far ass the HDD or SSD question, i would definitely go SSD, if you need to do a restart, its MUCH faster.  SSD's dont have to "look" for the information like HDD's do. I personally run SSD's in all my personal PCs. this one, my work pc and my GF has one too.  Makes a huge difference in speed. You can take a 7 year old pc and make it faster (not more powerful) than buying a new one without a SSD. My GF's laptop will boot in windows in 8 seconds from a cold start with the SSD.  Mind you its win 8.1 and its a i7, but without the ssd it takes a good 45 seconds to boot...

in my opinion all gamers should have ssds lol

I run my test servers on my local pc, one is on a HDD and the other is on the SSD, the one with the SSD loads much faster and not to mention the games load much faster too.

But dont get confused with SSD technology and processor technology. You still need a good processor for gaming.  If your personal pc has a crappy processor, a SSD wont help the gaming at all.

hope this helps, any questions just ask away