Arma 3 vehicle armor (noob questions)

KPABATOK

I was always curious which vehicle (allowed to be on Epoch by default) has the most armour. I assumed it was a strider, since long time ago noticed that it is almost indestructable (to certain caliber weapons). But then looked on and the stats showed that frickin Tempest Transport (covered) has 200 armour, while a strider and hunter about the same, which is 75 (according to Epoch wiki). While HEMTT is 80 (along with a boxer truck), which is weird because again I assumed it has way less armour than strider for example but it is the opposite.

Why such huge difference and why does strider have so little armor? I mean, isn't it easier to destroy HEMTT than a strider? And boxer truck having same armour as HEMTT is also very odd to me.

Edited by KPABATOK

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so since no answer, I looked on myself for more info and found out that either Epoch wiki values are wrong or edited (reduced). But some are definitely wrong, for example, Huron should have 50 armour, Mohawk 60 according to King of the Hill wiki (http://wiki.day0.com.au/King_of_the_Hill:Arsenal/Vehicles), while Epoch wiki it all has in reverse, huron 60 armour mohawk 50 for some reason.

Also strider problem bugged me a lot, so found out, that Strider has 300 armour, not 75 (like Epoch wiki tells us). So which side is wrong or maybe Epoch has edited armour values and devs reduced Strider armour to mere 75? Even HEMTT has 80, makes absolutely no sense to me since visually at least Strider looks more armoured than HEMTT.

Moving forward, according to KOTH, hunter has 150, ifrit 100 and strider 300, seems about right to me (except for ifrit), then again, why Epoch has such low values? I couldn't find any official info from Bugemia themselves, which is weird, how do I into correct vehicle stats? Or is it everything edited out, KOTH edited out and increased armour, Epoch edited out and reduced values. Does anyone know?

• 2 months later...