Suggestions regarding configuration of future versions

Ghostrider-GRG

With respect to the developers and recognition of the hard work the put into continuing to add to Epoch, I have watched most of the settings for customization moved out of the mission file, which adds substantially to the work server owners must do to keep our servers running as we intend them to be configured.  I would like to make a plea that there be a config.cpp included in the mission file for basic settings such as build limits, custom zones where building is prohibited, etc. These settings might be included in a config.cpp in the mission.pbo. I have seen config.cpp applied to this purpose very nicely in several modes for Epoch and elsewhere. Asking server owners to dig through the various cfgs and troubleshoot the steps needed to get things working once the description.ext has been modified with little documentation seems a lot to ask.  I am hopeful that future versions will see a little less economy of code and more of an effort the present Epoch as a platform as was said to be the long-term objective a while back.

Edited by Ghostrider-DbD-

The idea is that while we are in Alpha we are making our finalization to the configs and codebase so you should not expect to see configs change without a good reason. The reason for these changes was reduction of duplicate code and by removing the full configs from each mpmssion desctiption.ext we removed alot of duplicated config code. The cfgEpochClient.hpp configs found here:  https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/master/Sources/epoch_config/Configs/CfgEpochClient.hpp is the best reference for what has changed and for what you will need to update if your customizing your cfgEpochClient configs via the mission file. 

Documentation is something I am working on but as you may or may not know this too takes quite some time to put together, so in mean time please feel free to ask questions on the forum.