Safes and Swords?

HarryNutz

Are safes something you craft or find?

Swords... I heard they were rare and the day after the update came out, I found one... but forgot that when you pick up a rocket launcher it is in the same slot and of course dropped the sword and didn't realize till the next day. ARG! Anyway... how rare are they? I been looking for 3 days now, town after town and have yet to come across another one. Also... I found the sword on one of those peg-boards with the cloth covering it on the wall... does that mean that would be the only place I should be looking? Or could one still be under a bed or in a couch etc?

So then safes must be as rare as the swords... cause my 2 group members and I have not come across a safe since release. Appreciate the response though.

safes are very common and not even as rare as lockboxes (I guess it is for testing purposes). Safes spawn in blue tarp loot (along with cinder, solar panels, mortar etc.) or shipping containers. I sometimes find two at once... And today found out that they spawn in trashpiles too. Which was weird. But the easiest way to find a safe is do trader missions Pikes Peak express, got on my first mission :)

So here you go, 4 places to find. Now they just need to be made more balanced, destructible that is. Maybe one explosive charge.. or a satchel should destroy them. Last time I checked, 4 satchels and no damage.

Edited by KPABATOK

Well the server I play on must have them disabled or something. I have spent 4 straight days of doing town after after town of nothing but looting... no sword and not one single safe. Oh and I also did about a half dozen Trader Missions and all i kept getting was cinder-blocks and hatchets. 

Edited by HarryNutz

Probably just bad luck. I haven't found a sword yet either. But safes are relatively common. Trader missions are also hit and miss. I do them initially when I want to get a chainsaw quick. But then again, you should be able to find them in shipping containers (loot at least 5-6 per server restart) and blue tarps.

Or if you want to know for sure, ask server admins if they disabled them but I really doubt that's the case. Admins tend to disable antagonists and enable more more and more loot :D

Bad luck would be a massive understatement if after searching through over 1000 buildings in 4 days and never crossed paths with a single safe lol. One of our group members actually got a single safe today, but when trying to place it in her base, she got booted from the server and the safe was no longer there when she came back in hehehe.

Side question: Do you know where the to find the server setting for "base building limits"? Apparently it was moved and can't find it now.