New base item

Axle

One large, that seems pretty good. Though I would imagine, depending on the size of this thing, it would take at least 20-30 of those to cover the base around, like a wall.

Unrelated question, I noticed that now (or maybe since 0.3.3.0 patch even) jammer maintenance include not only building parts (as the limit of 200 items per base on default) but also shelfs and other storage devices. Is it true or am I just imagining stuff? In english, if your base have 150 parts and 20 shelfs, to maintain a base will cost 170 crypto, right?

One large, that seems pretty good. Though I would imagine, depending on the size of this thing, it would take at least 20-30 of those to cover the base around, like a wall.

Unrelated question, I noticed that now (or maybe since 0.3.3.0 patch even) jammer maintenance include not only building parts (as the limit of 200 items per base on default) but also shelfs and other storage devices. Is it true or am I just imagining stuff? In english, if your base have 150 parts and 20 shelfs, to maintain a base will cost 170 crypto, right?

That would be a question for vbAWOL

This brings back the days of "Dayz" to cluther the entance's of the factories with hedgehogs while inside of it (and picking off the hero that climbed into the crane)

Its a wise addition for the "plz its a 100mph road" so placed in a S corner on a highway in a certain small city (Lol this is fun) u get alot of swearing ,and tire skidmarks :D

Btw is this freebuildable ? else no road fun

And maybe its time to add a new class of objects that may live for a day (or any amount of time given by config) placed freely or removeable like in old dayz by any 1 with tools (like autogun ?)

But inside the jammer range as a base-object

Edited by umfufu
a thought

• 1 month later...

I would love to see directional snapping.. Seems that snapping is only to the item directly below the object to be placed.

Sometimes you want to snap to the object to the left/right of the one being placed.

Snap Building pro would be ideal in A3E.

I've also noticed snapping is applying physics some of the time and others it's not... Seems like it needs further work.   Ideally it would be good to have two modes when placing objects.

One that applies physics and one that will not.

I'm also not sure why the more finite movement of building objects was removed when placing them.  If I recall correctly it was CTRL-Arrow Key that would move objects at smaller intervals.  Seems to not be there Anymore.