What markers should be on the default map?

ShoobieStomper

Question

Hey, guys! I think something is messed up on my server because my map doesn't show any markers. Well, I see markers for DZMS and Sector FNG, but nothing else. Shouldn't the map show where camps and traders are? Also, do events show up on the map or is there any way to be notified when an event starts?

Thanks in advance... I really appreciate all of the help! :-)

EDIT: Do any of you know where the actual map image is located among the files?

Edited by ShoobieStomper

7 answers to this question

Actual map image isn't something you'll need to mess with. It's in the Arma PBO's. If you didn't edit the mission.sqm in the root of your MPMissions folder, you probably messed something up when installing one of those scripts. Does your report (client report and server report) have any errors?

Another great tool to use is diffmerge. It'd be right there on your desktop, you highlight two files right click and compare. Super simple. Can even do entire folders at once.

By FAR the most useful tool for me though is Windows Grep. You can highlight your folders and files and search the text contents for any string using a normal search or a regular expression. It will help tons when you have a file path off and you can use a regular expression to show you all filepaths in your files, or if you just need to find where you placed a variable.

Edited by kelso000