Epoch Safe

phm

First of all, I apologize in advance if there is Safe documentation somewhere and I missed it.  Here's my experience with safes (the only addon running is A3EAI and a new database):

1. Give myself a Safe using the admin menu
  2. Find it in inventory, select "Build" after highlighting it
  3. The build menu comes up as expected
  4. Rotate and place the safe
  5. Safe rotates and places as expected
  6. Approach the safe and put some items in
  7. Lock the safe
  8. Now unlock the safe: doesn't work
  9. Safe can only be unlocked after a server restart
  10. Also, the rotation that I did when I placed the safe seems to have reverted after the server restart (???)

Is that the way it's supposed to work?

A small server side hotfix was released for this issue. Update your a3_epoch_server.pbo with the latest from https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/releases

Now we just need the server fix to stop them dropping through floors on restart. I looked through the server files and constructions are called long before containers which rules that out.

Awol

Next patch will address the UI and give some feedback to the player about the locking process. 

I did notice a potential issue that could have caused the secure storage devices to drop to the ground and pushed another hotfix build 050

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/releases/tag/0.3.4.050

Please note: Any existing secure storage devices that are already on the ground will need to be packed/replaced for this fix to work.

Edited by vbawol

Ok, it seems safes created when the problem existed continue to be problematic.  New ones seem to work but the lock/unlock times are not consistent.  Sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes 60.  And if someone who doesn't own the safe attempts to open it, the safe will never unlock again for the owner.

Can the safes be removed?  I don't seem to be able to remove them via the build menu.

Might be a stupid question but why does it take time to unlock a safe? Why not just have them open immediately?

Kewl new menus, btw. :)

Not at all, that's a great question. It's the engine thing because how proxy is handled, but that's about to change and will work as fast as vehicle locking does.

Edited by raymix
correction

• 1 month later...

Seems like a lockbox is harder to destroy than a safe now. I think safe should be possible to take out with an explosive charge or a satchel, not just shooting at it. Or at least it should require more than 10 shots from random gun. I guess for now it is better just to hide them protect them better. My safe is between 3 layers of cinder ;)