Crafting Issue 0.3.4.0

HarryNutz

Figured I would give the new crafting a whirl and hit my first snag. Wanted to build 3 shelves, had 9 small salvage built workbench and fire... yet when I go to build shelves, shows me at the bottom that workbench is needed within 3 meters... yet I am standing right against it. Tried moving around the bench and also moving the bench, yet still shows as if the workbench is either not there or not within the acceptable distance... <shrug>

Also I thought workbench was persistent? On restart it was gone.

What server are you playing in and what mods is it running? On Vanilla or close to vanilla servers it seems fine with persistence. But it seems there is some conflict with modded servers as people reported already with stuff vanishing, like shelfs, building parts etc. I haven't noticed anything of sort myself.

That's an interesting issue, workbench has 2 models - real and preview. Only the real classname gets saved to database.

For example, while workbench is being built, it uses preview clasname, which means crafting menu will not work until bench is created and proper classname appears nearby.

The reason I mention this is because your workbench was not persistant, which means it does not exist in a database... server mods?

I sent a link to this thread to the server owner, so they can post any of the mods on there as I am not sure. I can say that things have a tendency to vanish etc, such as:

Vehicles vanishing though locked, vehicles exploding for possibly being either parked too close to each other, being placed inside a closed building or a combination of both.. or some unknown reason.

Had 97% of a group members base which was fairly large and tall vanish though maintenance was payed either the day before or 2 days prior, though it should be ok for upwards of 7 days. And also have had a few walls of 2 of my own bases vanish with maintenance payed the prior day.

And I made a post in the thread on the cmEarplugs where some but not all people are not having the plugs auto inserted or removed.

Shelves have vanished also... some that are in constant use and others that may have sat too long without interaction... though I am not 100% on if they need to be interacted with on a daily basis or if maintenance is suppose to cover them from vanishing.

Edited by HarryNutz

Server mods include, from memory,

Halve Spawns, blackmarket traders, killfeeds, and rearm script

Scar ammo repack

status bar (variation on Darth Rogue's adaptation of the original)

Darth Rogues server icon reconfigured to show the icon top right corner

Instant Groups

An add-on menu pack.

IgiLoad.

Antihack at present is the latest infistar.

Happy to share server/mission files if it helps.

Edited by Ghostrider-DbD-

could you disable AH and try to reproduce this issue?

This happens because proper classname was not used for workbench. Try building it and see if you can walk trough it, if you can, it's a ghost preview model.

Other than that I can't help unless you can reproduce this issue on vanilla server, sorry we do not provide support for server mods.

@raymix and @vbawol,

I went back to the Epoch AH and will have more to report shortly. If that fails then I will gladly provide the latest .RPT . I am also happy to provide the mission files I use. Thanks to both of you for responding.

Edit: 10/20/15

Building and Crafting work fine on a vanila test server with either the Epoch or laterst infiStart AH. We are now going through mods one by one to identify the conflict.I will be posting the ones that have been excluded. Thus far they are:

"cpcnametags.sqf";
Server Watermark. "images\logo.sqf";
A server Briefing script "scripts\briefing.sqf";
A server Hint when joining. "scripts\rules.sqf";    
"IgiLoad";
blckeagls Mission system build 3.5 "blckClient.sqf";
Halve's death messages "addons\messages\init.sqf";
Halves Halo spawn "addons\halv_spawn\init.sqf";
Suppe/Halve black market traders "trader\init.sqf";
Halves reworked vehicle re-arm "trader\resetvehicleammo.sqf";
Halve's crypto scripts "trader\HALV_takegive_crypto_init.sqf";    execVM "addons\Status_Bar\init_statusBar.sqf";
SEM 0.8.1   execVM "semClient.sqf";
Halve's paintshop  "addons\paintshop\paintshop.sqf";    

Edited by Ghostrider-DbD-