Trader Prices differ between SQL and Server Files

ROG

Question

Trader Prices differ between SQL files and Server Files

Today, 10:46 AM

Hi Guys

Heed some help, im trying to change the trader prices on my server and i've hit a problem. Here is a small example on whats going on;

Aircraft trader NE airfield...Trader is Worker2 his Helicopter item TID is 519. "Merlin" price on the trader is 6 briefs and sell for 3 briefs but in phpmyadmin its 2 briefs buy and 1 brief sell??? No matter what I do it never changes any prices on the server and the two just don't merry up together?
This also causes me a problem trying to add more traders and even new items. I have added PRACS and want to make a trader for it, so I created a TID, a Server trader and put the first jet in the Trader items. The trader on the server is showing the trader and his menu but no item? Does anyone know what's going wrong here.

Regards ROG

Server is overpoch Chernarus 11

6 answers to this question

Do you have config based traders? Look for a line in your init.sqf  that says DZE_ConfigTrader = true; If its says true you will have to change them in the files rather than the database.

If it says false then the problem will be a bit different and you'll need to post your server report unless someone else has seen this before..

Thanks Dave, I had a look and there is nothing in my init.sqf folder that starts with DZE_ but there was in my EpochConfig.sqf (/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/OPTIONS/EpochConfig.sqf) it is set to true;

//Mission Based Traders
DZE_ConfigTrader = true;

So where would I find the folder to change the items, or what happens if I change it to false?

Thanks again

Thanks Dave, I had a look and there is nothing in my init.sqf folder that starts with DZE_ but there was in my EpochConfig.sqf (/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/OPTIONS/EpochConfig.sqf) it is set to true;

//Mission Based Traders
DZE_ConfigTrader = true;

So where would I find the folder to change the items, or what happens if I change it to false?

Thanks again

Ive found the list of items - MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/CONFIGS/TRADERS/Category, so my question still stands if its possible to change from that list over to the SQL data base?

You can but config traders are much better and faster. If you really want to you  would need to change that to false.

You can edit them just like you would in the db by changing the current entries to what you want. Also as you can see they traders are still set up the same way you would need to edit your files to add the items. I am using Zupa's coins and if I remember correctly the last time I installed them from the download they come ready made(tho these have edits by ElDubya and myself in them)

First you'll need to find the config folder with the .hpp files in it. I'll use one of the aircraft dealers so you can see how to add the one you wanted.

This file is called NeutralAirplanes.hpp

class Category_517 {

class AN2_DZ {                type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={60000,"Coins"};    sell[] ={30000,"Coins"};};
    class An2_TK_EP1 {            type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={60000,"Coins"};    sell[] ={30000,"Coins"};};
    class An2_1_TK_CIV_EP1 {    type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={60000,"Coins"};    sell[] ={30000,"Coins"};};
    class An2_2_TK_CIV_EP1 {    type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={60000,"Coins"};    sell[] ={30000,"Coins"};};
    class C130J_US_EP1_DZ {        type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={500000,"Coins"};sell[] ={200000,"Coins"};};
    class C130J_US_EP1 {        type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={500000,"Coins"};sell[] ={200000,"Coins"};};
    class C130J        {        type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={500000,"Coins"};sell[] ={200000,"Coins"};};
    class MV22_DZ {                type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={500000,"Coins"};sell[] ={120000,"Coins"};};
    class MV22 {                type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={500000,"Coins"};sell[] ={120000,"Coins"};};
    class GNT_C185U {            type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={40000,"Coins"};    sell[] ={10000,"Coins"};};
    class GNT_C185 {            type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={40000,"Coins"};    sell[] ={10000,"Coins"};};
    class GNT_C185R {            type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={40000,"Coins"};    sell[] ={10000,"Coins"};};
    class GNT_C185C {            type = "trade_any_vehicle";    buy[] ={40000,"Coins"};    sell[] ={10000,"Coins"};};
};

This the one i have right now for one of my servers. You can add the planes to the current traders you have or to the one you just added. What you could do would be to copy say the top 2 lines which have the class and one aircraft in it. Change the class Category to the tid of the merchant you made. Change the class of the vehicle to the plane you are adding and then of course edit the price to what you want.Just keep re-pasting the vehicle line and editing for other additions. Make sure you get the right number of brackets for the whole thing and semi-colons on the ends of the lines. Good luck and I hope I didn't miss anything as I have to head to bed long night at work last night and another in store for tonight. 

Edited by DaveA
edit:spoiler needs to be spelled right to work hehe

Ok, so if i change DZE_ConfigTraders =false; So why i dont get my new items in right section in traders loaded from DB? I putted ItemRadio into toolbelt section which menu id is 510, after i log in game and then i dont see my itemradio in toolbelt section what i'm doing wrong?

Much appreciation to you Dave for your help. I'm going to leave it as cfgtrader as I'm using winSCP to edit my server files and its going be much quicker to change the traders info and adding the new ones. Just needed that little push in the right direction.

Thanks again bud