Map With Most Readily/Somewhat Readily Compatible Mods -Chernarus

haywiresoloist

Running a server (private, locked only for 6 people) with Taviana 2.0 Overpochins I am finding more and more that the mods available for install or the scripting available is sort of lacking. Also I am finding that while using the editor some objects (namely some wrecks or static type vehicles) are not available. I find this even after entering the game and looking at the item (vehicle) the name simply does not show up, where looking at others it will.

It could be that Taviana 2.0 is a perfect map. It could be my inability to find proper documentation or working mods and scripts is directly related to my limited understanding of altering mods and scripts to work on maps other than what said mod or script was created for. It could also be that where I read about the mod or script the author gave instructions for setting it up on say Chernarus and all the comments and questions of why it is not working are geared toward that map and not helping someone set it up on a different map.

So out of curiosity other than Chernarus what map has the most addon content available for it. One that not only has the mods but also a moderate to large bit of support for installing them. IE people use it a lot so it is more popular thus gets more input on how to do things when they go wrong.

I was actually thinking Sauerland or Napf. The bigger the better. I also would not be opposed to adding terrain/land mass to an existing map and building it up. BTW which is bigger Sauerland or Napf?

Thanks in advance. And thanks to the people who have helped with my questions in the past.

EDIT: I just realized I may run into the exact type of problems trying to run Napf and Sauerland as I am with Taviana 2.0. I am just hoping the support will be there.

Edited by haywiresoloist

I am not sure what you gain from running the Taviana 2.0 over the Origins map is just the roads are clearer? I just use the map that comes packaged in Origins 1.7.9.5. Technically, mods should work on any map even ones with spawning ai just would need some coordinates corrected. Now map additions would be a different story if that is what you mean. But you should be able to make your own map additions fairly easy. Adding ai to them is a bit harder but not extremely hard. See this thread for map additions http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2328-how-to-make-custom-map-content-tutorial-ongoing-support/   

Sauerland seems to be the  bigger map btw. Napf is very large also. Both can be fun. Chernarus was the original map and therefor has a lot more stuff made for it. It also is smaller so for some that takes out the travel time to and from places and also increases pvp opportunities.

Checked that out. Read it a couple times already. Good info. Though it brings up another issue. As I stated somethings do not show up in the editor.

I did however find this little gem: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22169

According to this in order to get this island to work and the junk to show up around the island you need: (see below images)

Which to me seems to imply that while you do not need those mods running in order to run this map addon you do need them for the stuff to show up.

This tells me that there is a way to include all items from all maps in order to make a map that contains desert. temperate and urban areas all on the same map using all items from different maps as long as you have the files needed for those items to show up in hte editor.

Correct me if that is wrong.

1fe1f63dc1451e3d2420b7b861dcba76.png

809ad4db5a69361934c68e44f893d14f.png

Edited by haywiresoloist