The new crafting

makasouleater

I see the whole crafting file has been re written. What would happen if i just overwrite that part of it? Would people who updated to the latest version be able to join. Like if i stuck the cfgcrafting in my mp mission, it should over write the one in the epoch folder, but they wont get kicked, when trying to join, when he updates it on steam. 

So heres the new one

class CircuitParts : Part
    {
        usedIn[] = { "EnergyPack", "EnergyPackLg", "KitPlotPole" };
        previewPosition[] = {0.791044,1,0.256956};
        previewScale = 2;
        previewVector = 2.3;

here is one of mine

class MMG_01_tan_F : Default
    {

recipe[] = { { "m249_EPOCH", 1}, {"PartOreGold",3 }, {"ItemOnyx",3 } };
                 usedIn[] = {"launch_NLAW_F",
       "launch_Titan_F"};
        nearby[] = { { "fire", { "ALL" }, 3, 1, "Fire", "fire" } };
    };

So basically by my novice look, I would have to rewrite the entire thing, if i wanted that bottom code to work with the new one. So I am hoping, with it in the MP mission, its just gonna over write it, and still be able to join with the updated version.  Thanks for any help:) I suppose it wouldn't really matter, but if i understand steam right, as soon as he updates it on there, every one will update to that version, and it will not work with the old one. So i guess im just asking in advance so i can figure out a way to by pass it. 

Edited by makasouleater

I'll mock up a video tutorial, there's a ton of changes in the new configs and some engine/script limitations to take in account (nothing too serious)

Thank you so much. The only config i checked was crafting. Which hopefully overwrites, and still works. I guess Ill just have to try. Because,  new system you made, wont work with what i made. It would add by the looks of the code some kind of crafting timer.  Which would complicated it more than I wanted it too. I suppose i should of just waited lol. Basically since there was no crafting timer, i just added different steps to make it take longer. With a whole bunch of stuff, to make UAVs worth killing, Ship wrecks worth going to, and earth quakes. And i just used the fire in place of a crafting table. 

I will wait for your video, i don't know what you mean by limits. I added prolly 150 different recipes, and they all seem to work. 

Edited by makasouleater

New config was based off of old one for the most part, so your items will partly work fine, but they will have to be updated.
video is up, but give it an hour or so to process, I will make a separate thread for the rest of folks tomorrow, have to get some sleep now. I guess, make a copy of your current work and do a preparation configs for next update which will include new crafting system, update should be out soon-ish, at least you (and anyone else watching it today) can get prepared early. For the rest of folks who used cfgCrafting editions released on forums this will break server, lol.

Have fun with the cfg!

New config was based off of old one for the most part, so your items will partly work fine, but they will have to be updated.
video is up, but give it an hour or so to process, I will make a separate thread for the rest of folks tomorrow, have to get some sleep now. I guess, make a copy of your current work and do a preparation configs for next update which will include new crafting system, update should be out soon-ish, at least you (and anyone else watching it today) can get prepared early. For the rest of folks who used cfgCrafting editions released on forums this will break server, lol.

Have fun with the cfg!

Thank you very much. Yeah i would have to update every single recipe out of the 200 i made........... I think ill just quit when u update. That is alot of work to re write that whole thing, and i have 0 idea where to start on it. Thank you muchly for the fun though, i enjoyed arma for 200 hours. time to find something else.