Some feedback on Experimental 0.3.4

KPABATOK

First of all - huge thanks to Raymix for an awesome crafting UI. I saw it on his stream when he was coding it and only imagined it was just WIP and we won't see it so soon. It is awesome, thank you man. Though the blur that appears on screen when you open this crafting menu makes me really nauseous :D Hopefully I can handle it. No more crafting without work bench! Very great.

1. Double click on items in order to consume them was removed, not sure if it is good or bad, probably for the better, but now it is almost impossible to see how much thirst/hunger/stamina you get when you consume food, since the user inventory menu blocks the text which is right beneath it. This white text should be lowered even more to the bottom of the screen or maybe made in different font/color or something and flash on left or right top corner of the screen (so that it would stay longer than half a second). Just quick ideas, maybe you guys will think of something even better. For now users will have to keep debug menu opened in order to be able to see how much points they gained from drinks/food.

2. Seems like issue of not being able to trade with traders came back (at least haven't seen it for a long time). Simple re-log fixes it of course.

3. No idea why, but after logging in and out I lost a magazine inside my Rahim. When I logged in it notified me to reload (gun itself was empty). Maybe just a weird glitch, couldn't reproduce when logged out logged in the second time.

4. Wow, now it isn't as easy to build stuff as before when you have to use work bench and it takes about 20 seconds to craft 10 lumber packs instead of one second like it is now :) I like this feature, much more realistic. If the same could be made to healing/repairing vehicles would be great too.

5. Are you supposed to be able to store items inside the workbench? Cause I can put items in it. Is it persistent? A feature of some sort? It is persistent. Cool.

6. Found first bug, impossible to cancel building. It says "canceled" but the foundation (for example) that you wanted to place is still attached to you and you have to place one way or another. So canceling doesn't seem to work.

7. Fireplace, once placed is non-removable. Maybe intentional, no idea.

8. Found duplication bug, but I am almost sure it is not patch related and it was there for a while. Will try to reproduce. Yep, it works for duplicating clothes and what's in them.

9. Found my first safe! And two at once. This is amazing, and they sell for 1250 krypto, well done :) But it is not possible to move it or remove it. Once placed it is unmovable :) I am retarded, you can pack it, just like lockbox, NEAT!. But the model itself is very beautiful, thanks to Awol, Axle and Sequisha? I think, though it reads like Keesha, lol. Hard to read the last name, pls correct me.

Would love a feature of code lock being implemented, not ordinary lock/unlock like it is with lock boxes. But I am sure it is in future plans, for now, Epoch hoarding simulator reached beta phase :D And the storage.. it is massive! Will tell in greater detail when I test it more, have little gear for now, but it should fit at least 30 cinder blocks inside (I hope).

10. Today workshop downloaded 44MB update or something, tried to join a BulletBuffet server and got autobanned.

11. Now opening a safe in Experimental gives autoban.

Will update my feedback as I play. That was just first few things I noticed while jumped on experimental. I would stream my gameplay but I am playing on a potato PC, so I would get 15 FPS at best. Will try to test it though again.

To anyone who wants to test it with me - go to steam workshop and subscribe to Epoch experimental mod, then enable it in default Arma 3 launcher (with regular epoch disabled or removed).

Edited by KPABATOK

hi, i have a auto ban get on the experimental server :(

Server IP: 192.99.21.102:2302

Are you using the experimental Epoch files from the Steam workshop ? they're different to the stable files.

Also who runs the server ? it's not my IP so you'll have to contact the owner.

1) double click is coming back, it was temporarily removed, current beta has dblclick to craft only tho, havent got time to look at eating and other stuff. There will be visual feedback added to gear menu of current currency and energy soon. Might as well add ability to see gains/losses from an item without consuming it while at it

4) crafting system is fully configurable, from adding new items to changing 3D model on preview, to color scheme, crafting theme and nearby requirements. We still need to figure out repairing system, but some experiments are already being done. The hitpoint damage seen in video can be applied to units, too (for medical system?) and works with moving objects (should have recorded that, derp)...

5) (latest update to experimental) if crafting requires workbench then crafted items will be spawned on top of workbench instead of player. If player does not have enough inventory space to craft, item will be dropped in nearby weapon holder (or new wh created if none nearby)

8) crafting related dupes have been fixed (the ones i could find, lol)

Thanks for testing out experimental and a great feedback :)

When you say on top of workbench, do you mean inside the workbench, because it works now as a storage device or something else? If inside, then it makes sense and actually very good feature.

For repairing and healing, I think something (at least temporary) just like this timer when you craft one item from another would be nice too. So that there would be no more instant repairing of vehicles. Unless of course you have something totally different in mind.

And this dupe I found isn't crafting related, but more of a looting dead NPC body (I get free NPC from this trader mission with VIP) and your clothes duplicating when you try to equip dead NPC's clothes on yourself. Similar bugs were found in DayZ SA, not sure if fixed, but it seems it is an engine "feature" than Epoch mod bug.

When you say on top of workbench, do you mean inside the workbench, because it works now as a storage device or something else? If inside, then it makes sense and actually very good feature.

both actually. Workbench has a cargo space, yes, but when placing items in it, they appear on top of it :)

Thanks for testing and the feedback! 

1. To add to what Raymix said, most all UI elements will reworked by Raymx as he finds the time. 

2. Will look into this, if you find a way to reproduce please make a new bug report post.

3. Magazines should be automatically combined so if you have two partial mags you should return with just one.

4. The current settings are fairly generic, we will tweak the defaults based on further feedback.

5. Yes a workbench is also a insecure storage device.

6. Ill look into this, it might have to be fixed next patch.

7. Just fixed this issue it was only the lit fireplace that could not be removed due to missing removeParts in CfgBaseBuilding.

8. I am aware of this, and If you or someone can reproduce this with a video in normal A3 post an issue here http://feedback.arma3.com/bug_report_page.php and then let me know about the issue and we will promote fixing it.

9. The model was made by Paul (Sequisha) originally for Day Epoch and as the old one had a issue with the rvmat settings I made some tweaks before getting it into A3 Epoch. I think we may still revise this model in the future. It has a max load of 3600 so it stores about 6x times more than the lockbox does. Also I have reworked the way secure storage data is handled so it should fix the reliability issues with lockboxes too.

10&11. When checking into this It seems I found we have an issue with the logging system so I will work to fix this first and then find a proper fix for any false bans.

Update: Found the cause for the missing log data, please test again when you have time.
Also. this pbo can be updated to fix logging even if your running 0.3.3.1 still https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/experimental/Server_Install_Pack/@epochhive/addons/epoch_server_core.pbo?raw=true

Edited by vbawol

Thanks a lot for response!

Had no idea about this new feature with magazines being automatically re-combined, it was probably the case with my rahim too. Very awesome addition!

The duplication bug, though, I only found it while playing Epoch Experimental when was messing around with various trader missions, don't know how to even begin to reproduce it with regular A3. Basically it requires one female and one male character (you have to play as opposite sex character). Kill either of them and trying to equip with right click their clothes on yourself duplicates your own clothes (ghillie suit for example and all the stuff that is inside) and this ghillie suit drops to the ground while you still have yours. So I just put all the stuff from ghillie to my vest or backpack and then relog (just in case so that server would save the items I already have, probably not necessary) and then loot that ghillie duplicate on the ground (equip on myself).

In short, male character can not equip female character clothes (for obvious reasons) but with this female NPC from trader mission (VIP mission) when trying to do so, it duplicates your own gear as I explained above. Hope my word salad is understandable. :)

Haven't tried to do so while playing as female character yet and with male NPC, so don't know if that would work.