4 types of Side Missions (Events)

Aidem

You need to add a random function into the loot amount. Its very easy to do: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/random

this is already in the script it randomly selects a crate it just has a large chance of having a shitty crate to not overflood the server with loot and the element of `being lucky` its more fun to get a good crate when you know the last guy that looted a crate was dissapointed of the items :-)

I replied on your private message but all you need to know can be found in this topic too

PS sorry for doublepost im on my phone and it aint that easy to navigate

He was asking about randomizing the value of each object that spawns inside the crate, not the randomness of the mission its self.

So if you had Beans, Coke and Pepsi

Instead of 

4 x Beans

4 x Coke

4 x Pepsi

everytime, you'd get

4 x Beans

2 x Coke

5 x Pepsi

Then the next time on the same selected crate you might get

6 x Beans

3 x Coke

4 x Pepsi

Its very easy to do though thats why I linked the random link from BI. I have it on my server already.

Aidem very cool working yeaaaahh only I see message right corner and must press End off debugmonitor

about Disable Hint message System

where I must change this code  what name file in init.sqf ?

Instead the mission sqls you download here

I have in folder mission

mission.sqf  and   mission.sqm

but not see this comand in this two files mission.sqf and mission.sqm

// Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script_hint = parseText format["<t align=center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t&gt];customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";// Send center message to users //[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

I found where is problem I dont know maybe somebody  have this same problem post up

when im paste this code to init.sqf

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
        _nil = [] execVM "custom\remote_messages.sqf";
};

Im not see option for refuel and town or lift

when Im delete this code

};

all its working refuel and town lift

I have in folder mission

mission.sqf  and   mission.sqm

but not see this comand in this two files mission.sqf and mission.sqm

// Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script_hint = parseText format["<t align=center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t&gt];customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";// Send center message to users //[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

What i mean is that you have to modify it in my files

After you downloaded these you open them each with notepad or so

and change the code to what i say in the first post

I do not know what's going on, I copied all 4 files, and changed to the middle of command
// Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script
//_hint = parseText format["<t align=center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t&gt];
//customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
//publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

// Send center message to users
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

I go to files init.sqf and change command like that
if (isServer) then {
    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dynamic_vehicle.sqf";                //Compile vehicle configs

// Add trader citys
    _nil = [] execVM "mission.sqf";
    _serverMonitor =     [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

next step I go to files   server_playerDied.sqf
and change like that

if(DZE_DeathMsgGlobal) then {
   customRemoteMessage = ['globalChat', _message, _killer];
   publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";
};
when Im restart server I have black screan any id for this problem ??

How do these side missions work? In the loot lists, does it spawn -everything- contained within those, or just 75 of those items randomly selected from _loot_amount = 75;?

If I could get some clarification I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

its selects one of the arrays in the script and tries to run it if the chance is high enough it will spawn

How long does it take for the next mission to spawn after one is completed?

Thats up to you, you can set the mission duration, and than in your init you set at which minut the next one will be triggered

its selects one of the arrays in the script and tries to run it if the chance is high enough it will spawn

So, for say some of the military ones, it could spawn a single lapua - or it could spawn a single m9sd given these arrays:

[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD"]
],

or it could spawn a box with a bunch of g36's. 

Correct? Just want to know what I'm doing fully with these as I don't want to unbalance the server too much with gear.

So, for say some of the military ones, it could spawn a single lapua - or it could spawn a single m9sd given these arrays:

[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD"]
],

or it could spawn a box with a bunch of g36's. 

Correct? Just want to know what I'm doing fully with these as I don't want to unbalance the server too much with gear.

The top entry "M9SD" is the Weapon u want to spawn, the stuff after that is the magazines u want to add to the box

hmm i seem to be gettin this error after updating to 1.0.3

_loot = _loot_lists call BIS_fnc_sele>
 5:20:16   Error position: <];
_loot = _loot_lists call BIS_fnc_sele>
 5:20:16   Error Missing ;
 5:20:16 File z\addons\dayz_server\modules\Supplyitems.sqf, line 44
 5:20:16 Error in expression <andage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine"]
]

this is my supplyitems.sqf i hope im not missing anything.....??

private ["_spawnChance", "_spawnMarker", "_spawnRadius", "_markerRadius", "_item", "_debug", "_start_time", "_loot", "_loot_amount", "_loot_box", "_wait_time", "_spawnRoll", "_position", "_event_marker", "_loot_pos", "_debug_marker","_loot_box", "_hint"];

_spawnChance =  0.40; // Percentage chance of event happening
_markerRadius = 350; // Radius the loot can spawn and used for the marker
_debug = false; // Puts a marker exactly were the loot spawns

_loot_box = "SpecialWeaponsBox";
_loot_lists = [
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE"]
],
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaRbull"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaRbull"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Skin_CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ","Skin_Drake_Light_DZ","Skin_FR_OHara_DZ","Skin_FR_Rodriguez_DZ","Skin_Graves_Light_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Skin_Pilot_EP1_DZ","Skin_Priest_DZ","Skin_Rocker1_DZ","Skin_Rocker2_DZ","Skin_RU_Policeman_DZ","Skin_Pilot_EP1_DZ","Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Skin_Priest_DZ"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan"]
]
];
_loot = _loot_lists call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_loot_amount = 75;
_wait_time = 900;

// Dont mess with theses unless u know what yours doing
_start_time = time;
_spawnRadius = 5000;
_spawnMarker = 'center';

if (isNil "EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING") then {
EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING = false;
};

// Check for another event running
if (EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING) exitWith {
diag_log("Event already running");
};

// Random chance of event happening
_spawnRoll = random 1;
if (_spawnRoll > _spawnChance and !_debug) exitWith {};

// Random location
_position = [getMarkerPos _spawnMarker,0,_spawnRadius,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

diag_log(format["Spawning loot event at %1", _position]);

_event_marker = createMarker [ format ["loot_event_marker_%1", _start_time], _position];
_event_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_event_marker setMarkerColor "ColorBlue";
_event_marker setMarkerAlpha 0.5;
_event_marker setMarkerSize [(_markerRadius + 50), (_markerRadius + 50)];

_loot_pos = [_position,0,(_markerRadius - 100),10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

if (_debug) then {
_debug_marker = createMarker [ format ["loot_event_debug_marker_%1", _start_time], _loot_pos];
_debug_marker setMarkerShape "ICON";
_debug_marker setMarkerType "mil_dot";
_debug_marker setMarkerColor "ColorBlue";
_debug_marker setMarkerAlpha 1;
};

diag_log(format["Creating ammo box at %1", _loot_pos]);

// Create ammo box
_loot_box = createVehicle [_loot_box,_loot_pos,[], 0, "NONE"];
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _loot_box;
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _loot_box;

// Cut the grass around the loot position
_clutter = createVehicle ["ClutterCutter_small_2_EP1", _loot_pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_clutter setPos _loot_pos;
// cut the grass    end

// Add loot
{
_loot_box addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x,1];
} forEach (_loot select 0);
{
_loot_box addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,1];
} forEach (_loot select 1);

// Send message to users
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

diag_log(format["Loot event setup, waiting for %1 seconds", _wait_time]);

// Wait
sleep _wait_time;

// Clean up
EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING = false;
deleteVehicle _loot_box;
deleteMarker _event_marker;
if (_debug) then {
deleteMarker _debug_marker;
};

Ok so Here is what I have done so far. I have yet to see an event so I guess im doing it wrong. But anyways.

as far as http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1026-server-side-hintglobalchat-fix-deathmsg-fix/ goes..

I changed

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;

to

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
};

Notice I removed the .... line between the dayz_loading screen and _nil = [] exec.

Was this right?

Then I made a new folder called custom , made an sqf labled remote_messages.sqf and tossed 100% of the dropbox info into that sqf. then put the sqf in the custom folder.

With me so far?

THENNNN

I went to my server pbo, compile folder, server_player died sqf , removed

[nil, nil, rspawn, [_killer, _message], { (_this select 0) globalChat (_this select 1) }] call RE;
};

and put

customRemoteMessage = ['globalChat', _message, _killer];
   publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

};

in its place.

Coffee break?? Next was to download all 4 files (treasure, military, construction and supply)

I took these 4 files and put them directly into my server pbo, modules folder. Didn’t touch the scripts in any of these.

Lastly I went into my into my Mission PBO, opened my init.sqf , found EpochEvents = [, and tossed the listed

["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"], ["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"], ["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"], ["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"],

In, so it now looks like ..

EpochEvents = [

["any","any","any","any",0,"sidemissions"],["any","any","any","any",15,"sidemissions"],["any","any","any","any",30,"sidemissions"],["any","any","any","any",45,"sidemissions"],["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",20,"supply_drop"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"],["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"],["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"],["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"],["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"]];

I did not disable the hints as the OP continued, is that needed.

Did I do this right, and just haven’t happen to see an event?  Or am I just a big dumby still?

Thanks for any help I can get!!!

Chive on