4 types of Side Missions (Events)

Aidem

so i have 4 Events running on my server
You need remote_messages on your server in order to get the mission popups http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1026-server-side-hintglobalchat-fix-deathmsg-fix/

Download Links

Military.sqf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wr94dil93tnja03/Military.sqf

Treasure.sqf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6q6re09nxxisol/Treasure.sqf

Supplyitems.sqf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sarjs76pee92kz/Supplyitems.sqf

Construction.sqf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/74xqw68utxpx0qj/Construction.sqf

Installation Instructions
in order to get these mission started you need to modify the events in your init.sqf

Search for EpochEvents = [
Add these for each mission behind it

["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"], ["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"], ["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"], ["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"],

Last thing you need to do is place the files you just made in your server sided pbo in the existing map `modules`

Disable Hint message System
Search inside my missions sql`s for:

// Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script
_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

// Send center message to users
//[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

Change it too

// Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script
//_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"];
//customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
//publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

// Send center message to users 
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

This will give you the message in the center of the screen

ive got these running however i would like the messages to be displayed as title text rather than _hint  eg _hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#0D00FF' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Supply Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!</t>"]; 

i tried this       rtitleText["UN Agency drops life-saving supplies for Survivors, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN DOWN",10] call RE;

same as my mission system title text they work ok ??? any help plz cause the hints interfere with my debug meaning people cant see the hints and i dont want a toggle able  debug

Very nice thanks for share !

Just a question, i'm new in script dev and why have you add lot of M9SD and M9SD Mag in all your event ? We can remove this in the code ?

And it's possible to spawn an event in a fix hours ? like 1pm or 9am ? If we can how do that please ?

Fixed time is possible you just have to write some extra that calls out the time something like (not actual code its theoretic example)

if (Time  == 9pm) then //Dont know the function for actual time
{_Spawnchance = 1;}
else
{_Spawnchance = 0;};

About gun you can remove that ofc, i just added them for newbies that get to crate can defend theirself or fight for it

Hi Aidem,

first of all thanks for sharing your events!

I'm having trouble on getting those running: it seems that the server don't find the files (created manually).

I double checked everything and I'm not sure why I got always the error that the file is not found. Example with military one:

"RUNNING EVENT: military on [2013,11,20,19,10]"
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\modules\military.sqf not found

Believe me when I say that the file really exists in that folder (along with crash_spawner, hello_world etc) and I checked 10 times that the name doesn't contain any space/symbol or anything else. The strange thing is that the other events are working properly (like crash_spawner).

Triple checked the PBO file and contains the files...

I'm really frustrated... Any idea?

Thanks!

Hi Aidem,

first of all thanks for sharing your events!

I'm having trouble on getting those running: it seems that the server don't find the files (created manually).

I double checked everything and I'm not sure why I got always the error that the file is not found. Example with military one:

"RUNNING EVENT: military on [2013,11,20,19,10]"

Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\modules\military.sqf not found

Believe me when I say that the file really exists in that folder (along with crash_spawner, hello_world etc) and I checked 10 times that the name doesn't contain any space/symbol or anything else. The strange thing is that the other events are working properly (like crash_spawner).

Triple checked the PBO file and contains the files...

I'm really frustrated... Any idea?

Thanks!

you got the sqf extension correct? and are you sure it is using your new server pbo and not the old one? all i can think off

you got the sqf extension correct? and are you sure it is using your new server pbo and not the old one? all i can think off

Yes, all is correct...

Well I simply resolved by copy & pasting your code in another working sqf file (crash_spawner.sqf).

Thanks again!

Hey guys, Im trying to make this missions work on my server but nothing seems to work.

Here is the Init code:

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];
EpochEvents = [["any","any","any",00,20,"giallo"],["any","any","any",03,20,"giallo"],["any","any","any",06,20,"giallo"],["any","any","any",09,20,"giallo"],["any","any","any",12,20,"giallo"],["any","any","any",15,20,"giallo"],["any","any","any",18,20,"giallo"],["any","any","any",21,20,"giallo"]];
EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"]];
EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"]];
EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"]];
EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"]];

Im trying to make them spawn randomly but that doesn't work.So I tried to make a addaction to an item and that worked. I can't figure out why. Some help plz?

The giallo one is an Admin event triggered by an item with addaction. all the other are not working.

Crash_spawner, Supply_drop, Military, Treasure, Supplyitems and Construction are not working

Don't even know why i am giving you the solution but you should read more on coding.

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],
["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],
["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"],
["any","any","any","any",10,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",20,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",30,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",40,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",50,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"],
["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"],
["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"],
["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"]];

Well its the first time i'm setting up a DayZ Server with a clan mate

Out of 7 guys only 2 are actually working on the server trying to get everything working and we don't have coding experience. The reason i wrote the code like i did is because i saw someones Init with several  EpochEvents line so i wanted to separate each event.

I'm going to test it now i will tell you if it worked.

-- EDIT --

​The code didn't work, the missions still don't start.

Hi, these events look really great. On our server, we are worried about these events running late at night when nearly no one is on. We dont want the same few people that play every night late at night to be able to do these missions with no threat and just stockpile all of the loot. Was wondering if there is a while to only trigger these missions to spawn when player pop is at or above 20?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hi, these events look really great. On our server, we are worried about these events running late at night when nearly no one is on. We dont want the same few people that play every night late at night to be able to do these missions with no threat and just stockpile all of the loot. Was wondering if there is a while to only trigger these missions to spawn when player pop is at or above 20?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

if (count PlayableUnits < 20) { exitwith { diag_log ["Not enough players online, cancelling event"]; };

you could try this

Still didnt manage to get this missions working!

I have no idea what is wrong. I need some help and guidance! 

I'm using the same exact code for the missions and atm my init EpochEvent looks like this: 

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],
["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],
["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"],
["any","any","any","any",10,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",20,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",30,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",40,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",50,"giallo"],
["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"],
["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"],
["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"],
["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"]];

If the events are in a custom folder do i need to make it  "["any","any","any","any",55,"custom/Construction.sqf"] or something like that?