In Search for a way to Restart the Arma 2 OA app if it has stopped working..

DangerRuss

Question

Really bad title I wasn't sure exactly how to phrase it... This happens on the server sometimes

3ce2522c3324f2464a0d9965538cdf00.png

^This isn't a screen shot just a google image I found

Arma Crashes, and the prompt doesn't go away until you hit OK, in the mean time the server is hung up. I need a bat file or something of the like to stop and restart the application if it isn't running.

Edited by DangerRuss

7 answers to this question

thanks for the tip.. I definitely think this is in th right direction... unfortunately it's a bit dated or isn't compatible with windows server 2012 r2

specifically this part here

Weirdly even after doing all that, it’s still not enough to disable the error window when the game server crashes. So I continue digging and I found that there’s another important registry key which you need to modify in order to totally suppress the “.exe has stopped working” dialog.” Go to the following registry location and change the value data to 1.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\DontShowUI

I don't have a "dontshowui" in that registry folder.

pN0e6db.png

i have set it up for auto-click when the call of duty 4 servers are starting and the "hardware has changed - want to load default settings" message appears every time...

it recognizes the window title and the text and then (i configured it to) clicks on ok

should solve your problem easily too...

you can first activate the logging... so it writes every windows it recognizes in a session into the logfile... where you can get the window title and stuff for your case to get it working...